Author Topic: Blackouts  (Read 315 times)

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
Blackouts
« on: December 12, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »
Do some planes in here cause you to blackout sooner then others ?

Or is it the same regardless?

I know its all about speed and how hard you pull G's but I noticed while sissoring a spit on my 6 he all of a sudden went straight to the right and and claimed a Blackout had occured.

He was slightly faster than me but not by much , closure was from D 1K to 400 in about 6 to 8 seconds going back and fourth left to right trying to force an overshoot.

Then im in the DA and was in a F4U1-A and the plane I was flying against a Spit16, we were in a rolling turning up and down , side to side fight and he claimed a Blackout also.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Blackouts
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 02:56:22 PM »
All black outs occur at the same G. At what speed you can pull enough G's to black out varies greatly between planes.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Blackouts
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 02:10:39 PM »
so I am in a F6F doing 275mph and I make a tight turn to the left and a Spit is following me at 300 yards doing 275mph and he follows me perfectly, the Spit is not subjetced to an equall amount of gravity as I am even though our relative speed and flight paths are the same?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Blackouts
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »
If your flight paths & speed are identical, so is the G-load both planes do experience. G´s are a function of speed & turn radius.

But while one plane might be able to do a 6g turn at a given speed (resutling in a specific turn radius), the other may just be able to pull 5g at exact the same speed, thus resulting in a larger turn radius.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bigsky406

• Zinc Member
Blackouts
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 02:21:19 PM »
I blacked out last Friday and it lasted till Saturday morning.....beer was involved.