Author Topic: Saitek x36 rw mapping  (Read 718 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« on: December 09, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »
Had it working, removed joystick, put it in together and now it ain't working. It's mapped correctly to t button in sge and Aces High and RW.

Tried the time delay setting up, no go.

So far, this setup has been nothing but trouble. I long for the ch fighterstick usb.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2000, 07:59:00 AM »
put a lower case "t" in first window, nothing in second, and upper case "T" in 3rd (far right window). have time set to 0.0 seconds on both t's in my setup. Works well for me.
gl
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2000, 10:01:00 AM »

Originally posted by Eagler:
put a lower case "t" in first window, nothing in second, and upper case "T" in 3rd (far right window). have time set to 0.0 seconds on both t's in my setup. Works well for me.
gl
Eagler

Can you elaborate alittle more on this?  Not quite sure what your saying.

I, too, have had problems with X36 understanding what the DEL key is, its the key that RW uses on my set-up for coms.

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2000, 10:51:00 AM »
Rip check this out. it should tell you more about it. It is under the advanced setup.
 http://rwy0.tripod.com/ahfilms/rwsaitek.jpg

RWY

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2000, 11:03:00 AM »
Thanks again Robert!  That clears it up, (Advanced setting).

One question, how does one use the advance setting for, say, brakes?  for example, if one chooses to hold down a key for brakes?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2000, 11:12:00 AM »
sorry, at work and can't open my profile. be glad to assist anyone on getting their X36 up and running as I required help at 1st. The rotor do work for trims, you just need to keep them centered with a dead band in the middle.

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2000, 11:41:00 AM »
use the same setup as the roger wilco just map the brake key.

RWY

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Saitek x36 rw mapping
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2000, 04:11:00 PM »
It appears that you are all wrestling with the same problems I did when I first programmed the Saitek.

Download my Saitek profile on the downloads page. I did extensive on line testing before deciding on this final set up. It may save you a lot of problems now and in the future with other keys and buttons.

If you would like to use something other than the "t" key for transmit to avoid mike clicks, just replace the "t" in the profile with the "end" key as that one is not in use for Aces High. I programmed Vox with the "t" key as it's Aces High default key for transmit.

Most of us don't have any problems with the Saitek x36 USB

Ranger Bob