Author Topic: Do you love WW2 aircraft or do you just love online games?  (Read 1858 times)

Offline yb11

• Copper Member
Do you love WW2 aircraft or do you just love online games?
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2007, 02:34:48 PM »
started in air worior 2 went to down of aces(wwi plains) back to air worior 3 ace high 1 to warbirds 2 and 3  ace high1 and 2  and tried fighter ace

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
I've always been interestedin in war history and war games. The flight sims just kind of happened to gain ground through some early offline games like Amiga's F-18 Interceptor, PC RedBaron and Chuck Yeager..something. I also loved reading small was comick books, and usually liked mostly teh air war dedicated ones.

Then when RedBaron2 came out I got sucked into online flying. EAW followed and lead to WW2 environment. That was the time to found a squadron (8 years ago), which then lead into WW2 aviation history and research and collecting lots of books. After a while AH replaced EAW for me... and I am still here :)

So... games and war... flight sims in general... WW2 flight sims and WW2 aviation history. It happened in that order for me.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
thanks all.

so could we propose that anyone who does come across aceshigh as a pure games lover rather than a flight sim lover, will often be hooked into the history and genre if the game and community is good enough.

so not only does AH cater for the avid lovers of this genre, but caters for, and even converts other game lovers into this genre.

thats quite a game and community we have here.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2007, 07:38:45 AM »
It is really a different community (AH).  I got drawn to it during a internet search and I have not looked back.  I still have many flight sims & other WWII games but they just gather dust on the shelf.  I grew up in the WWII area and still remember black outs, raton books here in the US.  I grew to love the WWII era, because of a school teacher I had (Airborne drop over Normandy).  I only get online on the weekends & I am still dying & crashing and returning trying not to repeat my last mistake. :noid
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2007, 03:32:47 AM »
Originally posted by Dace
When I found this game some 4 years ago and got hooked, I payed him back and got him hooked and he's played ever since.:D

Excellent.  Dace, what's your Dad's handle?

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2007, 07:45:20 AM »
Originally posted by ColKLink
I used to get scolded by the grade school teachers for my attraction to ww2 history, airplanes and the lot. I would check out "time life" pictorial books , instead of  cat in the hat, ...and id get in trouble. I'm a real ww2 junky.
You too? I got in trouble in the 6th grade, we were supposed to make mosiacs like the romans, and everyone made crappy flowers and patterns and stuff. I made a p-40 with shark mouth naturally, the teacher scolded me for making a "rhino plane". Silly woman, spinning props dont transfer well into the mosiac genre. She then confiscated my time life book of airplanes I had. I promptly took it back after class because stealing isnt right.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!