Author Topic: Landing Gear  (Read 464 times)

Offline texdoug

• Zinc Member
Landing Gear
« on: January 26, 2007, 05:23:34 PM »
I am so new to this I don't think I should go online for the next 6 months. But I am practicing offline everyday. I have a problem with not being able to get my landing gear to come down while trying to learn to land. I hit the "g" key to no avail and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Can some one please help in this pervue. I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
Landing Gear
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:37:44 PM »
You need to be slow enough to lower gear. Usually around 175.

Write-Up on Landing
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Landing Gear
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »
Your most likely going too fast. The gear won't deploy over 150-200 depending on which plane type your in.

Make a long shallow approuch to the runway. Cut your throttle, and use your rudder to "side slip" to help slow you down. Once under 150, drop a notch or two of flaps, then the gear, and your golden.

Check out the training arena to get help picking this stuff up quicker. With the trainers avalible you could turn that 6 months into a month and be dieing with the rest of us in the MA  :)

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
Landing Gear
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 12:05:47 AM »
Texdoug-6 months?  Come on in the water's fine! PM me and I'll fly with you, I'm new too but going online is where it's at! Jump in and have fun, get set up with a trainer and soak up netaces.org and the AH trainers website.  In only a few sessions with a trainer I am already way ahead of where I would have been making mistakes over and over again.  I won't say who the trainer was but he flies with the 4th FG and his name rhymes with 'ammer'  
;)
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Re: Landing Gear
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 12:53:34 AM »
Originally posted by texdoug
I am so new to this I don't think I should go online for the next 6 months. But I am practicing offline everyday. I have a problem with not being able to get my landing gear to come down while trying to learn to land. I hit the "g" key to no avail and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Can some one please help in this pervue. I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

You have to reduce your speed to 165 before lowering your gear.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Landing Gear
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 04:35:35 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Make a long shallow approuch to the runway. Cut your throttle, and use your rudder to "side slip" to help slow you down. Once under 150, drop a notch or two of flaps, then the gear, and your golden.

Maybe this is just because I am used to flying (and landing) gliders, but my best landings are with a 1,000ft final approach, 0-10% throttle, and steep dive. At about 50-100 AGL I begin pulling up and add another 10% throttle, and itll be perfect. Keep your speed around 120 thrugh this whole process. Full flaps by the way.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: Landing Gear
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 08:07:42 AM »
Originally posted by texdoug

Thanks

Plenty of advise on the fact that you were probably just too fast for the landing gear to drop.

But as for getting on line, I would suggest that you get the hang of flying and watching the enemy off line. (The on line enemy will shoot you down quickly) The off line drones fly nice and steady and allow you to learn the basics of shooting them down and keeping them in view (very important for when you go online).

The next stage is to jump in for your initial two weeks free in the Main Arenas (MA). You will very quickly find out just how important it is that you can use your views properly as well as the basics of flying.

If you have an aptitude for the game you may only need a few hours off line to get the hang of the basics. If you don't, it still shouldn't take too long and a couple of weeks of playing it regular should be more than enough before going on line.

The thing is, the online game is really a whole new ballgame! - much more fun and lots more going on. If you still struggle, (and you would be exceptional if you didn't at least a bit!) then you can also make use of the online Training Arena (TA). However its best to organise proper training through the trainers on the forum. There are people who fly in the TA just for fun. At least the settings there mean you will not get shot down. I admit to going to the TA when I am simply tired or need to check out new settings for my controls.

So don't leave it too long before trying it online - plenty of help available from a mostly decent bunch of people.

The first time you set up your online account you need to think of a good game ID. Keep it simple so it can be spoken, online friends can then give you clear warnings to avoid being shot down. You have a limit of eight characters for your gameID
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:10:23 AM by Blagard »

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Landing Gear
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »
get ur speed down to 150mph first

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Movie

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Landing Gear
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 04:19:08 PM »
use the hogs if u want to deploy the gear like up to 350mph