Author Topic: A new type of contest....  (Read 341 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
A new type of contest....
« on: January 30, 2007, 06:33:45 PM »
I was up tooling around in a yak and ended up at eny base. A hog lifted and I let him know I wasnt gonna bounce him. He doodled in ack for a bit and came out. when he didnt really climb up I decided to roll on in....as you can see it was obvious early on he was still learning {this is not ment as a knock in any way}....somewhere along the way I decided I wasnt gonna kill him and just flew in formation instead. After reflection I thought this was actually great sport. I cut the relevent portion and posted. contest is "counting coup". In most american indian tribes the greatest valor was touching a living opponent. The goal is to engage the enemy flyind as close to a welded wing as you can (or trail as appropriate). The goal is multiple incidents of formation flying max range 400 200 expected and "bonus" points for maintaining formation thru evasives. To count you need at least "before and after" formation with relative formation thru the evasives plus extention to "dueling" standard (1.5 min 2.0 always good)....no shots or herding.....

"demo clip" as follows

counting coup

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:28:24 AM »
I ran into a flight of JU-88's one night.  I shot two down and the guy was flying hard evasives in the third, shooting at me whenever he could.  I cut throttle and pulled in underneath him and held position 80 yards directly below his belly for about 5 minutes as he manouvered like mad trying to find me.

I finally just flew away.  It was a lot of fun and I still laugh about it when I think of it.  Unfortunately I never film anything but I do wish I had that one.

[EDIT]  I was in a Spit XVI of course.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:39:04 AM »
Last right I was out of ammo and chased some poor guy in a pony until he hit the water. Dunno if that counts or not.. I got the kill :D
"strafing"

Offline sveno

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 04:11:49 AM »
formation flying with the enemy

maybe if i stop shooting the formation could be kept up longer... :D

Orgasmic Interception.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 06:45:01 AM »
Great snaphook, u probably just confused some poor soul. He thought he was suppose to shoot the reds. After that, he probably don't know who to shoot!:lol
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++