Author Topic: can a 2nd joystick be used?  (Read 187 times)

Offline Dastrdly

• Copper Member
can a 2nd joystick be used?
« on: February 08, 2007, 05:46:29 PM »
discussion was on joysticks & rudder peddals on the buffer in MA one day, some one said he made rudder peddals out of an old joystick. is that possible? can a 2nd joysticks axis be used simatainiously?

i know i know.... just buy pedals, but they are pricey & i have a 2nd stick!

so if anyone has any idea's or know if & how its possible, im all ears :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol ok i answered my own question...yes a second j-stick can be used & mapped also...too kool :). from what i could tell u can use as many control devises you want. which makes me tink a game pad instead of keyboard also possible & maybe better.

well theres some thought for anyone interested! any ideas on the subject still welcome.

guess it time to desine my peddals
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:33:44 PM by Dastrdly »

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »
I have used the Nostromo N50 pad before as a low cost throttle with buttons. Connected it tonight with the intent to set the wheel to elevator trim but could not get AH to recognise the axis at all (It is OK in Windows).  Mind you everything else worked and having all those buttons makes me think I will set it up for use when flying bombers! All gunner positions bombsight calibration etc available at your finger tips! The N52 has even more keys!

The thumb D pad makes a good hat switch too!

Edit:
Can now get it working throttle when set as wheel of mouse!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:04:37 PM by Blagard »

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 06:27:58 PM »
Dastrdly,
You can put as many USB devices as you want on your machine and AH will see them just fine.  When you go to the controllers setup screen, just select the device from the "Devices" pulldown and assign the axes/buttons to whatever you want.  AH has one of the best controller interfaces around.  Very well designed and easy to use.

Be sure to calibrate both in the driver for the device (at the Windows level) AND inside AH.   A lot of people think since they calibrated from the device driver that they don't have to do that inside AH.  Wrong!!  It WILL NOT work if you don't calibrate in both places.

-hb
The Hay Street Boys