Author Topic: Looking for wb players from late 90's  (Read 543 times)

Offline rmikla

• Zinc Member
Looking for wb players from late 90's
« on: March 09, 2007, 10:11:41 PM »
I played warbirds in the late 90's under the name rmikla. I remember a guy named kfsone that taught me the basics when I first logged in. From there he directed me to bobn where I flew with the red raiders for a few years. When bobn umm... ya know... I then flew with Ammo in Spectre for the remaining few years.
Well a few weeks ago I activated an account here and I'm looking to get back into flying WWII aircraft. I'm having a hard time figuring out the strat here and some other general questions from the switch of warbirds to AH. I'm looking for any warbirds players that flew in the red raiders or Spectre to get me up to speed here. Ive checked the rosters but don't see any familar names but perhaps you've changed your old handles. Any of you still around?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 10:57:08 PM »
I strongly suggest usin' AH's Trainer Corps.

GREAT bunch o' pilots who will do backflips to help ya' get situated here in your new home.
Trainer Homepage
you can also email them at...
Trainers@flyaceshigh.com

They will schedule ya' some lessons and get you up to snuff in no time at all.

Welcome Aboard!
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline quintv

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 11:00:47 PM »
if its the same kfs1, hes a cornered RAT now over at wiiol

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 01:11:43 AM »

Just saying hi, recognize the handle but didn't have the pleasure of flying with you that I recall ... Anyway, there are a few of us around, although mostly it seems that folks end up with different handles.

I flew with the EZTargets during Bobn's uhm, err.. reign of terror, shall we say?  {grin!}

Anyway, welcome to AH.  Been here for just over 3 months, and haven't figured out all the nuances of the strat myself.  

Couple of good resources that aren't linked from the main web site - trainers.hitechcreations.com has a bunch of good stuff.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »
I recognise the handle as well. Anyone who flew with the 22nd, is more then welcome to fly with us sir. Some of our (450th BGH) best combined bombing runs were with the Raiders. Generaly , when we get together for squad night, we fly strat runs. If you'd like, I can PM you the TS info.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:59:23 AM by blkmgc »
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 06:52:13 AM »
Well I don't recognise the handle, but I put in a fair amount of time in brand W mostly in the HA in the late 90's. I do have one advantage the other old WB pilots don't. I'm an Aces High Trainer.  :)

So feel free to give me a shout.
I'm also going to pass on a couple of links that may prove helpful.

This is the Trainers web site, everything from A - Z. (with a few gaps)
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com

This site has tons of info on all aspects of AH.
http://www.netaces.org

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 07:22:50 AM »
Welcome.

Most of the old w/b players have changed handles. A very few of us have not.

I flew with the Red Falcons, and remember your handle. Ammo, a great guy, and fun to fight against. Is he still around the virtual world? As for bobn, sounds like a made up name. :D :noid

Take the time to hook up with a trainer, and you will be up to speed in no time. If you enjoyed w/b, you will love it here I think. Good luck.

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline big-mo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 07:59:33 AM »
rmikla,

Bobn passed on a few years ago.  Ammo is playing WW2OL.  I'm in a squad with him there and will point this thread out to him.

I remember a pmikla with 100th BG.  Any relation?  

edit:  not sure ammo will be able to reply here.  You can post a message over on  our squad forum here:  

66commando forum

big-mo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:05:48 AM by big-mo »
Big Mo
Rolling Thunder

Offline Gumbeau

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 03:00:36 PM »
Ionnn is in our squad.

He used to be in Spectre in WB under Bionic I believe.

I hope he don't mind me telling on him.

Offline wstpt10

• Zinc Member
Re: Looking for wb players from late 90's
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 03:05:19 PM »
Originally posted by rmikla
I played warbirds in the late 90's under the name rmikla. I remember a guy named kfsone that taught me the basics when I first logged in. From there he directed me to bobn where I flew with the red raiders for a few years. When bobn umm... ya know... I then flew with Ammo in Spectre for the remaining few years.
Well a few weeks ago I activated an account here and I'm looking to get back into flying WWII aircraft. I'm having a hard time figuring out the strat here and some other general questions from the switch of warbirds to AH. I'm looking for any warbirds players that flew in the red raiders or Spectre to get me up to speed here. Ive checked the rosters but don't see any familar names but perhaps you've changed your old handles. Any of you still around?

I know KFS1...

He is a developer at World War II Online now. It's busy over in that game now, he hardly even plays his creation at the moment. Ammo is also playing WW2OL.

Offline rmikla

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 03:50:44 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I wrote a few of your names down and ill send a pm if I see you in the rosters. There seems to be a lot of new people playing so I didn't want to randomly ask someone for help. pmikla is my brother. I'm going to try to get him back over here.

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 03:54:26 PM »
what about early 90's ?  :)

Offline cars

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 06:08:17 AM »
Hi rmikla,

ex-spectre here, GREAT squad. Welcome to AH.  Aztec (dldo) is here as well.

big-mo,
 Please give ammo a big when you see him.

cars

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »
Was it the late 90's or mid 90's or early 90's? I was -vlcn- in the CK beta, -vlkn- in WB til about version 2 when I came here.