Author Topic: VOX Microphone  (Read 304 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
VOX Microphone
« on: March 13, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »
I used to be able to use VOX in H2H arenas that supported them. Yet one day while I was trying to get VOX to work in my H2H arena I typed ".voice 1 0" and ever since then I couldn't get my microphone to work in any arenas that supported Voice/VOX.

Any idea how I can fix this? I checked the "Voice" area under the preferences. Yes, voice is enabled, and yes, the microphone volume is at the MAX. It appears that the DOT Command somehow messed it all up for me.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Blackwulf

• Copper Member
VOX Microphone
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 05:36:24 PM »
I can't say anything about the dot command, but have you checked that the mic is not muted, and selected as the input recording device in Widows? (also check your other audio control panel if you have one, it needs to be the recording device in both)

Blackwulf

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
VOX Microphone
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »
I'm running a Windows 2000 which means that I only have the "Sounds and Multimedia Properties" window. Yet inside of it my sound card is selected as the default recording device (no option for a microphone) and no, it nor the speakers are muted.

So it must be something within AH that messed up my Voice / VOX possibilities. Because checking every nook and cranny in the "Voice" preferences turned up nothing that would prevent me from using my microphone.
FlameThink.com

Offline Blackwulf

• Copper Member
VOX Microphone
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:42:08 PM »
I haven't worked with Win2k before, so I may not be able to be much help.  But you don't have a volume control bar like other versions of windows?  Sounds odd to me, but W2K was intended as a business app if I recall, so no surprise if it isn't there.
Specifically, I was looking more along the lines of the volume control bar, which should be available from the sounds tab.  Seeing the sound card as the input device is more of what I would expect in a general properties dialog rather than the bar.
I found this tidbit on a support site that might be of help:

[Windows 2000
Click on the "Start" button in the lower left corner of your monitor. From the menu select "Settings" and then "Control Panel." Click on the icon for "Sounds and Multimedia." In this window select the "Audio" tab. Ensure your sound card or built in sound hardware is selected in the "Sound Recording Preferred device" drop down window. If your hardware is not listed, please consult the documentation that came with it.
Once the correct device is selected, click on "Volume" under "Sound Recording Preferred device." Enable the Microphone as the default input by clicking in its check box. Move the microphone's fader to a position three-quarters to the top. Close this window and click OK on the "Sounds and Multimedia Properties" window.]

I hope this is a bit more helpful, but my knowledge of W2K is pretty limited. If this doesnt do it, there are a lot of ppl on this board who will know your OS better, I am sure, as well as a lot more about the dot commands, which still may be the culprit here.  I did forget to ask, do you have the ability to still use your mic in other apps?

Blackwulf

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
VOX Microphone
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »
The steps you listed have already been taken before you mentioned them. Everything is setup so I can use my microphone. And I said it in my first post. Yes, I am able to use my microphone in other applications because I host a TeamSpeak server and people hear me loud and clear (Except crouch, he has problems sometimes).

Yet anyways, my microphone works on TS. I also know that TS does not interfere with AH's Voice/VOX feature because my squaddie mentlguy was on my TS server talking to me and using AH's Voice/VOX at the same time. I can confirm that because I could hear him talking to others on Voice/VOX, and I could hear the sound beep and hear them replying to what he said.
FlameThink.com