Author Topic: The Wingmen  (Read 479 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
The Wingmen
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:46:13 AM »
The Wingmen are a small Bish fighter squad.  We aren't really recruiting but we are always willing to talk to guys with the "right stuff":

1. Already are or are willing to become a Bish.
2. Willing to fly any and every type of fighter aircraft in every style of fighting (B'n'Z, T'n'B, etc.).
3. Consistently rank in or near the top 2000 overall.
4. Consistantly rank better than 1000 in a fighter.
5. Consistantly manage AROUND 1 K/S or better (0.8 minimum).
6. Willing to fly in any/all arenas but primarily LW (both).
7. Usually fly evenings U.S. (prime time).
8. Remain active in the arenas (average at least 15 hours/month... ideally 30+).
9. Aren't generally a 200 whiner/smack talker.
10. Are old enough to be married and/or have a job.

Here's other misc. info:

1. No formal squad nights. Just some guys who like a good wing man when one's available.
2. No obligations to fly together. Do what you want when you want but most of us fly together or at least in the same area when on-line together (not always).
3. No ranks or any of that other silly stuff.
4. No need to change CPID.
5. All members have the ability to sign and eject others, update the squad MOTD, etc.
6. When flying missions together we rotate the "call" (take-off field, destination field, plane and load-out) and the lead (the person who makes the call leads the mission).

Like I said, we're not actively recruiting, we're at about our ideal size (seven active members so there's almost always a couple of us on-line during prime-time), but, we would be willing to talk to you if you think you'd like to join us and meet the above requirements.

If you do look any of us up in the arenas and we'll go for a spin.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
The Wingmen
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »
How did yo get the ability to give the ability to change the message of the day. I cant get that to work.

Thanx
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
The Wingmen
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 11:25:02 AM »
Originally posted by 4deck
How did yo get the ability to give the ability to change the message of the day. I cant get that to work.

Thanx

From the Support/Help section above under the heading Squadrons:

A Squad Message of the Day (MOTD) can be uploaded by the squad CO or any member with Invite and Eject permissions.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Hmmm
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »
Thanks, the fellas that have the priv said they couldnt do it, so i dont know.
Apprecaite the response though. And good luck with filling your ranks.
Cheers mate
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hmmm
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »
Originally posted by 4deck
Thanks, the fellas that have the priv said they couldnt do it, so i dont know.
Apprecaite the response though. And good luck with filling your ranks.
Cheers mate

Have them edit it off-line then upload it on-line.  The file is .txt in the AHII root folder.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: The Wingmen
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
The Wingmen are a small Bish fighter squad.  We aren't really recruiting but we are always willing to talk to guys with the "right stuff":

1. Already are or are willing to become a Bish.
2. Willing to fly any and every type of fighter aircraft in every style of fighting (B'n'Z, T'n'B, etc.).
3. Consistently rank in or near the top 2000 overall.
4. Consistantly rank better than 1000 in a fighter.
5. Consistantly manage AROUND 1 K/S or better (0.8 minimum).
6. Willing to fly in any/all arenas but primarily LW (both).
7. Usually fly evenings U.S. (prime time).
8. Remain active in the arenas (average at least 15 hours/month... ideally 30+).
9. Aren't generally a 200 whiner/smack talker.
10. Are old enough to be married and/or have a job.

Here's other misc. info:

1. No formal squad nights. Just some guys who like a good wing man when one's available.
2. No obligations to fly together. Do what you want when you want but most of us fly together or at least in the same area when on-line together (not always).
3. No ranks or any of that other silly stuff.
4. No need to change CPID.
5. All members have the ability to sign and eject others, update the squad MOTD, etc.
6. When flying missions together we rotate the "call" (take-off field, destination field, plane and load-out) and the lead (the person who makes the call leads the mission).

Like I said, we're not actively recruiting, we're at about our ideal size (seven active members so there's almost always a couple of us on-line during prime-time), but, we would be willing to talk to you if you think you'd like to join us and meet the above requirements.

If you do look any of us up in the arenas and we'll go for a spin.

so i was woundering you said the persons fighter rank has to be lower then a 1000 so what if a fella like me walked in and said i want to join and said by my fighter rank is well above 2000 does that mean that persons sucks at a fighter? cause i am here to tell you now lets fight just cause my rank sucks does not mean i should be over looked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The Wingmen
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 10:47:39 AM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
so i was woundering you said the persons fighter rank has to be lower then a 1000 so what if a fella like me walked in and said i want to join and said by my fighter rank is well above 2000 does that mean that persons sucks at a fighter? cause i am here to tell you now lets fight just cause my rank sucks does not mean i should be over looked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Used as way to judge both general skill level AND fighter seat-time.  We are, after all, a fighter squad.  

I know that there are many capable fighter pilots who don't reach that rank.  The reason is not that they aren't good in a fighter, it's that they don't spend enough time in one to achieve a higher rank.  

As I don't want the squad to exceed 10 members and we're already at 7 I'm not willing to add someone that's not going to be active in a fighter.  I don't want one of those squads with 30 members and only 5 of them actively play.  Whats the point?  The way it is now there's almost always 2-3 and sometimes as many as 5 of us on at a time during prime time.

We have made exceptions.  Someone came to me one night who clearly didn't have the "stats" we were looking for.  I asked him to come fly with us (myself and two others were on at the time) and, after flying a few missions together and discussing it among us we invited him to join and I'm glad we did.  He's a great guy and improving remarkably fast.

As to going to the DA with you I'd love to do that.  I've only ever been there once in the six years I've been playing AH.  Look me up or PM me if you're serious.

[EDIT]  kilz, actully, if you came to me I'd wonder why as you've been an LTAR for a relatively long time if I remeber correctly.

That brings up the point though that I/we won't invite anyone already affiliated with another squad.  I don't want the headaches of being accused of raiding other squads for members and there's no real reason to do so.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:02:49 AM by BaldEagl »

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
The Wingmen
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 03:54:37 PM »
Oops wrong post.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
The Wingmen
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »
Be careful with that rank requirment. Some of the best sticks in the game have bad scores. Reasons being:

1) Boring fights, auger to go find 1.

2) Killshooting yourself on a squad mate or trying to get him to do it to you(It's a fun game).

3) Taking off in a drunken fury thinking you are some kind of small humming bird and shoot at clouds.

If I may, might I suggest a DA session instead of rank to see if the pilot is any good. That would give you a true idea of ones ability.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
The Wingmen
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 12:21:20 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Be careful with that rank requirment. Some of the best sticks in the game have bad scores. Reasons being:

1) Boring fights, auger to go find 1.

2) Killshooting yourself on a squad mate or trying to get him to do it to you(It's a fun game).

3) Taking off in a drunken fury thinking you are some kind of small humming bird and shoot at clouds.

If I may, might I suggest a DA session instead of rank to see if the pilot is any good. That would give you a true idea of ones ability.

I'll take that advice.  Like I said, we've relaxed those requirements before.  Actually, none of us, except me, are ranked under 2000 overall at the moment but we're all under 1000 in a fighter.

Actually, I'd rather fly with a potential new member in the MA.  Going into an outnumbered situation will quickly show you what a guys made of plus it gives you a good idea of his communication skills, wing ability and "fit" with the other personalities in the squad.

We often fly together to enemy fields where we are the only friendlies and the numbers are hugely against us but we manage to get more than our share of kills, have a lot of fun and even land a fair amount of the time.  Unfortunatly, we usually rile them up and escape is usually difficult :)

Fortunatly, we've got a great group that works well together.