Author Topic: F6F vs Zekes  (Read 1189 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »
thats wierd ive never had trouble with homestead before. have either of you ever been able to d/l things i've posted before, always used the same company.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »
try somethin else, bat. We'll try that.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 05:45:21 PM »
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 06:02:18 PM »
Try using proxy server like proxify.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 06:18:39 PM »
thanks kong, helps alot sir S!

try this one also of a dif file.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/chogwingpair.ahf

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »
Bat, the new file dont work either. Someone upstream of me is blocking HTTP access to it.

Im DL'in it from Kongs link.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 11:00:43 PM »
K, finally got to see it :)

Have to commend you on the nice shot/kill on the zeke. Being a 'good shot' is only a tiny part of why that was so successful, its the setup which leads up to it and forces the bandit out in front of your gunsight, and Bat has this down nicely.  Course, it helps when the bandit is made from petrol soaked rice paper ;)

Like Dano said, nice lag roll and throttle and flap control to force the overshoots.  Overshoots are deadly, and for the really good players its their bread and butter, so n00bs watch you overshoots! Either do it with so much speed it dont matter as much, or be prepared to slow up in a hurry or end up fodder.

Bat, the lag roll that dano points out, you end up very slow, and as you pop a notch of flap, you VERY quickly roll to the left at 43 secs into the film. Looks like a small accelerated stall which produced the very quick roll ;) The hellcat dont roll like that at those speeds unless a wing is stalled. If so, nice just-in-time control to correct it (of course often those who can master the extremes of their flight envelopes have a decisive advantage too). Hard to tell as the film viewer doesnt show rudder or aileron deflections only flap movements.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
F6F vs Zekes
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 03:42:47 AM »
cc that, the second shot on the zeke, forced about a 270 degree snaproll to bring the f6f back to level, to burn off a little speed, and to save on rolling time with the standard aileron roll. i favour the snap roll in most aircraft.