Author Topic: Saitek X52 FCS sticking since patch.  (Read 311 times)

Offline zipangu

• Zinc Member
Saitek X52 FCS sticking since patch.
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »
My flight controls are freezing for a second or two since the new patch. I cannot find any particular set of circumstances to do it. I have 75 FPS online and everthing seems to work find then all of a sudden no control at all and my plane just keeps flying along. I tried a lot of different things offline and it freezes there to but have no idea what is causing it.
Everything worked fine before the new patch and i have all the latest drivers.
Zip

Since then I have noticed my joystick lights are blinking intermediately and this is what is causing the freezing. Now to figure out what is causing that since my throttle is fine. I fear the worse though.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 05:40:00 PM by zipangu »

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »
I'm running on the basic drivers of my X52 and I haven't had any problems so far. I've only flown 4 minutes in the new patch, so I'll keep looking to see if it happens here too.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 10:48:16 PM »
The fact that your lights are blinking makes me think either a power issue (not enough juice for the USB ports?), or perhaps a short/break in either the usb port or the cables.

I have an X52, downloaded drivers from the website, use SST and some programming within AH, and didn't notice any problems immediately after the patch.

I'd have a close look at those cables and the connections to the stick (both the cable tying the throttle and stick together, and the usb cable) and to the USB port on your PC.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:47:14 PM »
The I button ,in the bottom rotary on the throttle, is a clutch button , if hit it will cause the lights to blink and the controllers to go dead in AH . Hit it and see if thats whats causing the problem 38

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 05:37:43 AM »
Zipangu, I don't know why, but sometimes my X52 goes wild and make something similar to what you say. It does it from when I turn the pc on, the joystick buttons blink and it doesn't work, while the throttle looks ok. I just unplug the cable and plug it again, and everything goes fine. Don't know if it's what happens to you, but try this one, too. ;)
Live to fly, fly to live!