Author Topic: Quick one; Endmill Bits  (Read 216 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Quick one; Endmill Bits
« on: May 04, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »
I did a quick Google search and scaped out my whole town, but was unable to find a set of endmill bits. I'm looking for a place online to buy a set of all sizes and/or just bulk bags of endmill bits.

I'm currently the engineering department at our school by running this CNC mill. The person before me left behind three 1/8" bits and a broken 1/16" bit. Not exactly handy, you know. ;)
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
Re: Quick one; Endmill Bits
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 08:19:16 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
I did a quick Google search and scaped out my whole town, but was unable to find a set of endmill bits. I'm looking for a place online to buy a set of all sizes and/or just bulk bags of endmill bits.

I'm currently the engineering department at our school by running this CNC mill. The person before me left behind three 1/8" bits and a broken 1/16" bit. Not exactly handy, you know. ;)

Do you want High-Speed steel or Carbide?
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Quick one; Endmill Bits
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »
Enco, Travers Tools, McMaster Carr, and I think even Grainger. You should be able to find all of those online. I get mine through a friend who runs a manufacturing plant, he tacks my orders on to his, and I get a discount, as well as free shipping. He brings them to me on Friday, so the price I pay for the advantages is waiting.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Quick one; Endmill Bits
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 08:56:10 AM »
Originally posted by mentalguy
Do you want High-Speed steel or Carbide?

That's all up to my teacher. $ vs #. ;)

The American Carbide site looks great. I'll keep the others in mind too. Thanks a load, guys. :aok
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Quick one; Endmill Bits
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 08:56:19 AM »
OOZ, you're very fortunate to live in the Pacific Northwest as the Boeing Surplus center in Kent, WA is LOADED, I mean LOADED with endmills of all types.  Very reasonably priced, new, used, you name it. HSS, Carbide, Tungsten, teflon coated, etc.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Quick one; Endmill Bits
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
Oh wow, never thought of that. 'Teach could drive on down with a sack and some good will. :rofl

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Quick one; Endmill Bits
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 08:59:40 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Oh wow, never thought of that. 'Teach could drive on down with a sack and some good will. :rofl

They have a few diamond coated cutters too. :) I know you teachers are rich. :D

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Quick one; Endmill Bits
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 09:02:04 AM »
Yeah, but knowing kids, they'd hear we were cutting with diamonds from one of the other students and all the bits would be gone the next day no matter how tiny the tip. :noid