Author Topic: Ethnic Profiling: Does it Work?  (Read 763 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Ethnic Profiling: Does it Work?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 02:45:22 PM »
Profile away. PCness and extended pinkies don`t cut it .
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 02:57:18 PM »
That's the fine example set, perhaps future generations can admire our use of racial profiling as much as we do the interment of the 40s.
====
Sometimes making mistakes are a necessary part of getting to the final  equation.  At the time I believe FDR made the right decision, even though time has proven it wrong (wtF who has time when theres a world war going on  anyway???).  

I would not compare the Japanese threat of the 1930s-40s to the radical islam threat in the 21st century.  Two distinctly different threats.  The religious based islamic threat is clearly more hazardous today than the nationalist threat of the Japanese was 60 plus years ago.

religious fanatacism in the nuclear age is a danger that I do not believe can be tolerated.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 04:18:34 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
...religious fanatacism in the nuclear age is a danger that I do not believe can be tolerated.

BINGO!
Now we're getting somewhere
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 04:21:21 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
So you're not even reading what people are saying when they reply to you?  Why would anyone want to have a conversation with someone who's just going to ignore them?

That shows a real lack of respect.  While I disagree with you, I've listened and considered the arguments you made before replying.  Please consider returning the favor.
what shows a lack of respect is turning this into a racial thing and ignoring the questions.  

I've been ignoring the race comments.  *shrugs*
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 04:24:16 PM »
why would a Muslim even want to live in a christian/infidel country like the USA? I would like a answer.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »
I don't see it in this case, but of course Homeland Security uses profiling when it is indicated.  So does every security agency in the world - when it is indicated.  Why?  Because it works!  (when it is indicated)

i swear, using the word "profiling" any more is like throwing a terd on the table.  almost as bad using the f*ggot word or "N" word, and almost grounds for summary committment to re-hab.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 05:47:22 PM »
Sneaky guys don't even look like fanatical muslim terrorists...

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
Originally posted by CHECKERS
Allah or Jesus

...mindless regurgitated drivel ....  

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/allah.asp

Sucks to be you checkers.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »
Originally posted by -CodyC
I Maybe that old saying i used to hear in 10th grade history about the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few have some credibility on this topic.

Spock would agree. I don't think you were in history class

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 06:32:41 PM »
racial no. as the new enemy as evidenced by this latest threat. Even though they had the stones to take on soldiers instead of a mall school or whatnot. Shows that racial profiling will do no good. Fanatic profiling will do one better. Until the moderate islamists stop sitting on the fence and start siding with democratic freedom and justice, instead of hedging their bets like now. I see a muslim, I see a terrorist,until proven otherwise. You know what? it happens. My buddy who is turkish when i worked for DHL we heard on the radio." blah blah blah islamic terrorism here"" he said."that is not islam" until we get more like him and less like the fence sitters of today they all are suspect.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
Spock would agree. I don't think you were in history class

Actually i was, that phrase was used quite often by my teacher Mr. Trice.  No big deal though, still seems adequate in this situation.

Thanks for posting that vulcan, kinda what i figured from the beginning.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 07:02:16 PM »
um how can u tell... i must say in israel they screen everyone but the muslims(with dress style and arabic) more.. im dark not black not white not muslum but ya how can u tell where im from???
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 07:15:39 PM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
um how can u tell... i must say in israel they screen everyone but the muslims(with dress style and arabic) more.. im dark not black not white not muslum but ya how can u tell where im from???
is enough that somewhere sometime in your records. you profess the line of the musselman.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!