Author Topic: Old CT vs. AvA  (Read 458 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Old CT vs. AvA
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:49:24 PM »
Being an old CT vet I was wondering how different the AvA is from the old CT?

Hope to be back flying in June if everything here at work gets settled.

Here's to hoping it does.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:20:19 AM »
Right now the menu of the AVA is limited to pure dogfights matching planes against their historic adversaries for the most part.

The menu is a bit limited but I'd still rather spend my time in here with the AVA folks than I would the MA's. No matter how hard I try I cannot get into the chess wars.

The old CT offered the same dogfights but had a few more people and the menu included some limited squadrons ops, guys who flew buffs and the occasional tank battle.

Everyone has their theory on why the CT/AVA died. It's not important what killed it, what's important is the effort to bring it back.

I'd like to see the arena back to it's former self. Great dogfights, great missions and a battlefield that at least pays some attention to historical WWII, instead of the scifi chess wars.

There seems to be a commitment to bandage the wounds and pump some blood back into the AVA. I hope you'll jump in and help all the AVA staff and pilots do just that Diablo.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 11:30:35 AM »
IME the last week and a half have been an improvement over what it had become. More great fights in there in an hour or two than you'd normally get in the MA's over a couple of days.

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 12:06:56 PM »
Nothing that much different, basically just the name has changed. We rotate some of the same setups that we had back in AH1 still. But with the new maps there are some new setups as well.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

storch

Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 03:17:58 PM »
a long while back on the BoB map but with mid war rides JG54 upped some 190A5's I believe it was two schwarms.  all of us with a 500kg egg.  we upped from a back field near calais flew across the channel and up the coast to kent swung inbound bombed london then fought our way back to france with 12 kills and the loss of two airframes.  that was the last terrorflieger mission I recall us doing.  it was a blast.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 05:42:21 PM »
Originally posted by storch
a long while back on the BoB map but with mid war rides JG54 upped some 190A5's I believe it was two schwarms.  all of us with a 500kg egg.  we upped from a back field near calais flew across the channel and up the coast to kent swung inbound bombed london then fought our way back to france with 12 kills and the loss of two airframes.  that was the last terrorflieger mission I recall us doing.  it was a blast.

I remember that one. That was one of the better missions I've ever seen flown in the arena. Frustrated the hell out of us Allied guys. :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 06:15:52 PM »
Originally posted by storch

Sounds like fun.  No where are my Spit XIIs since that's what they were introduced into service to counter, those tip and run 190 fighter bomber raids on the south coast of England :)

Tiffies rushed into service due to that as well
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

storch

Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 06:26:44 PM »
IIRC they upped spits and woobies to counter us but we were just having one of those charmed nights when everything meshed real well.  two of us took hits from ack that precluded RTB so we stayed back and killed killed killed while the others made their way safely to france.  the entire mission was below radar and once we bombed we zoomed up to about 3k.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 07:54:47 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Being an old CT vet I was wondering how different the AvA is from the old CT?

on a good night there is no difference
hope to cu soon
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Old CT vs. AvA
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 05:02:49 PM »
we were just having one of those charmed nights when everything meshed real well.
Those nights are sweet and the taste lingers for years literally. I still remember a night about 2 years ago in Squad Ops when the Mongrels were in the 109G6 and were jumped by a equal number of higher P-51's. When the night was done we lost 2 of 14 pilots and shot down about 12 aircraft.

Still sweet.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure