Author Topic: Not at all impressed with anything CH products makes  (Read 832 times)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Not at all impressed with anything CH products makes
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »
Nice to hear that your gtg now Fester .

:aok
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Not at all impressed with anything CH products makes
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 04:13:40 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Is it plugged on a powered USB hub ?

I win :p

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 11:47:29 AM »
Originally posted by Puck
I had a cougar set; sent the stick off to a machinist to get rid of the center play and never got it back, so all that's left is the throttle.  

Who did you send it to so I will never make that mistake with my Cougars?

Originally posted by Puck
To fix spiking in the stick and rudders I just spent more than my spouse will approve to buy 3 hall effect sensors to replace the potentiometers.  I'll let you know how it works after they get here and I get them swapped.  Hopefully once I get everything cleaned, new sensors in, and possibly springs replaced I'll have a top-notch set to fondle as I fall flaming from the sky.

This, of course, is the tip of the AH spending iceberg in the next 12 months...

Just so you know Hall Effects work great. I bought some as part of a rudder mod kit from a guy over at Cougar World. BTW where did you find the ones you needed to replace your pots?

I have a CH setup as well as another Cougar that I want to just replace the pots in and need a good supply.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »
Hall Effect POTs

Bloody expensive; $40+ each for the ones I ordered, and surgery may be required for them to fit, but what the heck.  Also insanely difficult to find, so I'm all for sharing.  In all the other forums I see "I bought Hall effect potentiometers to replace..." with nary a reference to where they got them.  I think they wanted to make money selling mod kits...

The machinist in question was an old co-worker of mine who taught me how to use metal lathes and CNCs and all those other fun toys.  I was getting bored in the computer shop.  Most likely he got busy and it's sitting in pieces on a shelf somewhere, its origin forgotten and will eventually be a conversation piece.  The throttle is in a box in my garage; I'm still trying to decide what to do with it.  I got them four years ago, right after the 2003 con, and used them for a while.  Playing with the code was more fun that cranking them around...using the gate for WEP is awesome.  I need to put an indent switch on my CH throttle.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 12:19:17 AM »
Right they are expensive and the ones in my rudder mod kit work great. The shaft on the HE looks like it should have fit easily but with the TM RCS you have to add in a different little arm to get the right timing on the movement since you don't take the gear out of the housing.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"