Author Topic: HTC web page causes my comp to lock  (Read 302 times)

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
HTC web page causes my comp to lock
« on: October 09, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »
When I launch HTC's website on my gaming machine ,it causes the machine to lock up and I have to hold the power switch in and power it down.  ctrl/alt/delete opens the task manager but it wont shut the browser down and I get a flag saying the task manger is not responding.  This is so strange because I can and have navigated to many,many other sites with no problems.

Skuzzy says the site is really a very simple one and doesn't  know why only their site causes it.  I'm using the latest IE and have tried deleting all the deletable things in the internet options settings, cookies, history, etc. I've added HTC to my trusted sites. I got it to load and work once by opening it in a second tab, but it was still buggy.   When I try to load the site it loads most of the items and the yellow flashing borders on the "get started now" ad flash 3 or 4 times then stop and the video window on the left stays black, I never see any video in it. Then If I wait long enough the minimize, maximize and close buttons on the browser will sequentially disappear then reappear but the page is frozen and the comp won't respond.

I have no idea what to do from here short of uninstalling IE and reinstalling it. I didn't post in the tech support forum as I don't have any real problems with the game, just their web site and they didn't know why.

So, anyone have any ideas?, I have another machine connected to my router and it loads the site just fine, so its something in the game machine.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this,

Jenks
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 08:24:31 PM »
Get firefox

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 10:21:49 PM »
are you using the same version of browser? example: both PC's have IE6.1   or one is using IE6.1 and the one freezing up/locking up is using IE7?

alot of people say IE7 still buggy.......might be your problem if you have auto windows updates turned on or something of the like........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 12:06:43 PM »
Thanks TC,
 I hadn't thought to check the version # on the other machine, and yes the game machine is automatically updated.
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 02:00:08 PM »
I feel sorry for anyone who allows IE7 to be installed on Windows XP.  It really does make a mess of things.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I feel sorry for anyone who allows IE7 to be installed on Windows XP.  It really does make a mess of things.

What's even more fun is uninstalling IE7 and installing IE6 on a machine that has IE7 from the builder.

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 04:57:20 PM »
I feel sorry for anyone who allows IE7 to be installed on Windows XP. It really does make a mess of things

:cry  I feel so dirty
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 05:47:18 PM »
Clear your browser history and cache completely, that might help.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone