Author Topic: Suggest me a stick please :)  (Read 289 times)

Offline sidneylopsides

• Zinc Member
Suggest me a stick please :)
« on: May 21, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »
Hi folks, I'm new here and have been getting some great help on the forum, and as I need to get a new fligt controller it's been suggested I ask here.

I currently have a Logitech Farce 3D, and it's about as accurate as using your elbow to type.
I've been looking at the Saitek X52 Pro and HOTAS Couger, now can you more experienced people suggest what would be best to go for?
I'm looking at around the £130 range max, and would like as full a setup as I can get for that.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »
If you're not looking to spend so much, a basic decent-quality twisty-stick will do. Saitek S290 (or whatever it's called) is very cheap. The Saitek Cyborg Evo is better.

However if you can find an older Microsoft Precision Pro Sidewinder, you might be set! Cost less, but highly reliable. Only problem is they're out of production. Most that you find for sale will be second-hand.

Offline Makoyouidiot

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
If you're not looking to spend so much, a basic decent-quality twisty-stick will do. Saitek S290 (or whatever it's called) is very cheap. The Saitek Cyborg Evo is better.

However if you can find an older Microsoft Precision Pro Sidewinder, you might be set! Cost less, but highly reliable. Only problem is they're out of production. Most that you find for sale will be second-hand.

Saitek ST-290 Pro...I've got one, it's been my main stick for a year, my backup stick is the Cyborg Graphite, no twist on it, but it's still a good stick.
I'm actually looking to get rid of the St290 and get an X-52 or something vaguely like that, probably with less buttons though.
Formerly known as Mako15, MakoShrk, and MattiasK, now flying as Matty, on long term leave.

"It's MAKO, you IDIOT!"

Offline sidneylopsides

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:29:32 AM »
I think I'm going to go for the X52 Pro, there doesn't seem to be a huge price difference and I like th colour and extra spring tension.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 05:47:54 PM »
Cougar...big, heavy, over-priced, and about as precise as typing with your knee.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline sidneylopsides

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »
Got an X52 Pro yesterday, very impressed! Had a blast earlier, in a Hurrican I actually got in a few small scraps and survived, also got some hits in so got 3 assists, and landed it after i ran out of ammo. First time I've survived! :D
I just need to practice my aim.
Thanks for the help :)