Author Topic: OMG CONNECTION HELP!  (Read 194 times)

Offline BennyBeaver

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
OMG CONNECTION HELP!
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:24:49 PM »
I lag all the time on my laptop computer. But when i go on my desktop it works PERFECTLY but it has a slower connection speed that my laptop! how does that work? :confused:
        I used windows xp for borh comps!
Oh and another thing, i have lots of things plugged into my laptop.
ya'know mouse, keyboard, joystick. But it randomly freezes all the time. But my desktop doesent! Do i have to many things in? I tried taking the mouse out but it still froze sooner of later!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!:O

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
OMG CONNECTION HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 10:36:30 PM »
For one, a wireless connection can be interrupted by thousands of things while a wired connection can only be interrupted by electrical interference. Also, most laptops aren't strong enough to run Aces High very well in the first place.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
OMG CONNECTION HELP!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 01:15:45 AM »
Laptops are notorious for using shared memory for the video chip.  What video chip does the laptop have, and how much RAM does it have?

Another thing that may cause lag is background processes.  AV scanners, various and sundry "utilities", etc.  If you have more than 5 items running in the tray you might want to see what isn't needed and stop them before running AH2.