Author Topic: tv interferience  (Read 247 times)

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
tv interferience
« on: June 02, 2007, 03:31:51 PM »
ok guys i need your help.

i just moved my pc around and have come across a problem,my tv aerial runs behind where  my pc is and i am getting interference from the pc on the tv picture.i cant move the aerial lead and i havent got room to move the pc either.

Any of you guys got any ideas that could help me,some one suggested tin foil to cover the aerial but this dont work,now i got a naff pciture on my tv and a lot of ear bashing.

Any  good ideas would be helpful.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
tv interferience
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »
if your using a CRT monitor, its most likely the magnetic fields induced to the yoke. Switch out to an LCD monitor and you should be ok.

If you have a LCD monitor..... your screwed!

Offline Borsuk

• Zinc Member
      • 5th SFG SOAR Squad Website
tv interferience
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:34:30 PM »
Check the braided sheathing of the TV coax is properly bared and making good contact with the outer part of the plugs otherwise it may not be earthing stray RF properly.
If the screen and TV are right next to each other then it does sound as if they are too close and the magnets are causing interference.
In that case all I can think of is what Fugitive has already suggested or else ditch the missus, won't improve the picture but will stop the earbashing.  :-))
Borsuk
No job too small, no fee too large
"Anything I promise when drunk is sacred. Anthing I promise when sober may be reneged on" Harry Carey Jr.
5th SFG S.O.A.R.

Offline SkyGnome

• Copper Member
tv interferience
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »
If you're comfortable in your PC's bios, there are typically settings for "spread spectrum" (sometimes there are several for different clocks.)  Turning these on _may_ help (and should cause no harm).  They are mostly for cheating on FCC testing, but they could make the interference less noticeable too. ;)