Author Topic: MMORG Sites  (Read 222 times)

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
MMORG Sites
« on: June 13, 2007, 11:33:03 AM »
Hello All,

Well I'm hooked on Aces High:D.

What are the best online games out there (besides AHII)?

I'm going to be travelling  a lot and these games count as Entertainment expenses (Better then me running  tab at the bar :rofl ).

Please let me know as I know this is the best place to get advice ;)

Cheers,

gusman44

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
MMORG Sites
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »
Well, I guess World of Warcraft still has the biggest following, but have not tried it myself as I'm burned out on fantasy settings.

Age of Conan looks good from what I've see, when it comes out.  Might get me back into a fantasy MMOG.

Pirates of the Burning Seas looks good when released.

Some will be into Lord of the Rings Online.

You can look at what folks are playing athttp://www.mmogchart.com/.

Or browse through some at http://www.gamesites200.com/mpog/

http://www.mmorpg.com/ might help you too.

Not really into any other MMOGs right now.  I've gone through Guild Wars, Shadowbane, City of Heroes, City of Villains,  Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Auto Assault, D&D Online, EVE Online, SWG.

I was looking forward to the Online version of Privateer before it got axed.  Star Trek Online is gonna be a bust like SWG was.  Frontier 1859 has a great concept, but I doubt it will get the funding it needs to be completed and done right.  Same with GURPS Transhuman Space Online.  

Too many are falling into a mindless leveling treadmill. I don't think I've ever "finished" a MMOG yet or gotten to the highest ranks..... I get bored with them long before that.  When it becomes a choir, it gets pulled off the hard drive.  Nothing really new and exciting coming out as everyone funds the business model that has worked so far for WoW and clones.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
MMORG Sites
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 12:08:58 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
I was looking forward to the Online version of Privateer before it got axed.  

A few of us played something similar, called 'Jumpgate'... it was a really great game, just managed into the ground.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
MMORG Sites
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »
video games are bad for you.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
MMORG Sites
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:46:53 PM »
Vanguard is where I spend my MMORPG time these days.

Not much.. but wife and I enjoy doin dorf paladin pairs ..an my brudda is there.

All the usual suspects as far as characters an such .. a little more detail in graphics than EQ2, a little more 'stuff to do' than just hit the 'a' key ..

..a sorc is still a gun turret .. a ranja is still dead a lot :)

(I miss Zimba :)

-GE aka Frank (Glorin Kaladim, Dorf Paladin on Shidreth there)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
MMORG Sites
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 10:52:26 PM »
Originally posted by Grayeagle
Vanguard is where I spend my MMORPG time these days.

Not much.. but wife and I enjoy doin dorf paladin pairs ..an my brudda is there.

All the usual suspects as far as characters an such .. a little more detail in graphics than EQ2, a little more 'stuff to do' than just hit the 'a' key ..

..a sorc is still a gun turret .. a ranja is still dead a lot :)

(I miss Zimba :)

-GE aka Frank (Glorin Kaladim, Dorf Paladin on Shidreth there)

Ranja's dead alot.....pffft.....I tanked AMV in City of Anguish with my Ranger in EQ.....and I lived too :P

Nothing really new and exciting coming out as everyone funds the business model that has worked so far for WoW and clones.

I would say that WoW itself is a clone, of Everquest.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
MMORG Sites
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 11:11:59 PM »
Battlefield 2 is pretty fun.  I help folks asplode who wouldn't have asploded without my help.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
MMORG Sites
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 11:15:37 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
I would say that WoW itself is a clone, of Everquest.
In the same sense, perhaps, that e.e. "doc" Smith and Robert Heinlein are "clones" of Jules Vern.  It's just one of the next big successful games in the genre, and builds off of the earlier ones.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
MMORG Sites
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
Chairboy.. did you have trouble getting BF2 to play, My system is three times whats needed to play and it just wont run.

Called tech 4 times there clueless as to why it wont (EA Tech Support sucks)

But the BF2 demo works fine.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
MMORG Sites
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 11:45:50 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
In the same sense, perhaps, that e.e. "doc" Smith and Robert Heinlein are "clones" of Jules Vern.  It's just one of the next big successful games in the genre, and builds off of the earlier ones.

The developers of WoW kept the things that worked in EQ and *fixed* the things that didn't work so well.

Most folks in EQ hated the downtime associated with fighting mobs. You could only fight for so long, then you would have to rest to rebuild the caster classes mana pools. This took a significant amount of time and as level caps increased and gear kept getting better, this became more and more of an issue.

Certain tradeskill combines in WoW can only be done every so many hours. This limits the amount of these items getting into the game. In EQ there is no such limitation and folks can and do flood the market with tradeskill items.

I've also heard that the developers of WoW actually played EQ to find out what did/didn't work. I'm not sure how true that is and in fact, I can't recall atm where I heard it either. lol
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.