Author Topic: FW190 Movie Alpha Release  (Read 580 times)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
FW190 Movie Alpha Release
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:17:27 PM »
I'm looking for some feedback mostly on the cinematic and musical score of this movie I created.  I'll be refilming the entire thing eventually, I mainly created this as a test movie as it is my first real attempt at an Aces High movie.  There are no credits etc or 'real' intro, just mainly a flight scene.

Known tweaks that will be fixed after refiliming
- There is pixelation (more considerably at the end of the film) with the DiVX codec.  I've never liked the DivX codec and will be using the WMV format upon final release
- Some transitions are a little off
- Will create a real intro and credits
- New terrain will be selected, it was mainly filmed in the open seas of the dueling arena.  The beginning was on the map Italy, which will probably be used for the final version
- Probably add a historical fiction storyline to it.
- Aspect ratio, was exported at wrong ratio (square right now), will be widescreen on final version

So again, just looking for audio and cinematopgrahy comments. I used Fraps at 60FPS recording and played the films at 1/2 speed and doubled the speed in Adobe premiere, this increased video quality rate, but again the DivX codec is terrible.  Music is from Gladiator, track 3 "the Battle."

102mb DivX 6.5, 7:48
http://derstuhl.com/movies/Fw190_alpha_1a.zip

*EDIT* See below for problems with download.  Alternate link file.  Rezipped
http://derstuhl.com/movies/Fw190_alpha_1a.zip]http://derstuhl.com/movies/Fw190_alpha_1a.zip[/URL]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:49:00 PM by Fulmar »
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:39:55 PM »
I've downloaded it twice.  I get an error and I'm unable to unzip this file using windows XP to unzip it.

I've made sure to delete it from my cache before the 2nd download.

102MB was the final file size.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:42:26 PM »
Noted, will check it out now.

*EDIT*
 Rezipping and uploading again as this file:
http://derstuhl.com/movies/Fw190_alpha_1a.zip
You'll be able to download it in an hour (its 10:46pm CDT now)
*EDIT EDIT* Sorry gonna have to wait, severe thunderstorm over me now.  Try this below:

Also, if your having unzipping problems with the first link, if u have like WinRar or WinZip, trying unzipping the file with that.  Not sure why I had this zipping file problem.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:55:07 PM by Fulmar »
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline DarkS1ar

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 01:40:56 AM »
Still gives me an error

!   C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Fw190_alpha_1a2.zip: Either multipart or corrupt ZIP archive

hope this helps
All you do is vulch & run
200 Impossible shot’s I’am sending this film to HTC (Spit 16 that lost a 4 v 1)
200 Is that all you can do is H O (P38 shot by my SBD)
200 Wow shoot me landing u **** bag of **** I had 6 kills
DarkStarJust lost 1 of my rockets vulching, you don’t hear me WHINE

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 06:44:42 AM »
Originally posted by DarkS1ar
Still gives me an error

!   C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Fw190_alpha_1a2.zip: Either multipart or corrupt ZIP archive

hope this helps

I had to cancel that upload because of bad weather. I will be uploading it now again, please give it an hour or so.

AVAILABLE NOW - UNZIPS FINE - USE THIS LINK BELOW
http://derstuhl.com/movies/Fw190_alpha_1a2.zip

*EDIT* I downloaded it at work it the new one extracts fine and the file works as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 08:11:59 AM by Fulmar »

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 10:52:47 PM »
BUMP

Here's also a widescreen in wmv, and half the size.  Still pretty good quality.  These links work.  I'd recommend downloading this one below:

http://derstuhl.com/movies/Fw190_wmv_ws1.zip

ANY comments are welcome.

Offline Roidrage

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 03:33:52 PM »
Needs a lot of work Kiefer, but it was a good start besides the fact you cut out all of the good P-47 moves.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 11:37:33 AM »
Not bad at all fella, maybe a few more cut shots of the pilots checking their sixes when being chased...found some of the transitions made it a bit confusing with the moves...music overall suited it (for me anyway), gave it a nice bit of tension....

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 11:55:30 AM »
I've watched the film probably 3 dozen times now and found improvements that I'll make when I refilm the entire thing.  You'll have to excuse the some of the transitions and scenes as I threw it together in an hour in premiere and I notice a few scenes that were a little screwy.

I'll probably plan on making some of the scenes shorter and I'll spend more time matching the music sequence with the action in the film.