Author Topic: Suddenly, the game has started stuttering when lots of people are near by  (Read 405 times)

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Greetings,

I am running Windows XP on a 5 year old Alien machine.  

If a process is not eating up CPU percentages but is consuming memory, is this impacting on the game?

If so, what processes do I have to leave on?

Regards,

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Originally posted by MWL
Greetings,

I am running Windows XP on a 5 year old Alien machine.  

If a process is not eating up CPU percentages but is consuming memory, is this impacting on the game?

If so, what processes do I have to leave on?

Regards,

You may want to ask this on the technical support forum as the different computers and process are listed for many machines there.

Hope this helps.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Greetings,

Thanks, headed that away!

Regards,

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
I had a similar problem and added RAM. That seemed to fix the problem, -but especially AFTER the recent massive downloading of the new AH software abated.
Also, Control+Alt+Del will bring up your best defense against unwanted parasite programs. I googled most of mine to find what I could do without. It made a world of difference.

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Ditto
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 03:09:05 PM »
I had that problem on my old Dell.  Already had a gig of ram.

Once I upgraded to a new graphics card (PCI) and in BIOS turned my motherboard graphics thingy off and also got a better, newer DSL hub, things are much better and when tanking I can see nme way, way out thru turret muzzle.

A new PC is on my wish list one of these days.  I just need to know what to get for around 3 grand.  500 mb graphics card and 2 gigs of ram, at least I know is a start.

{:{
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 03:11:49 PM by Daubie »

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Greetings,

Thanks all for the comments.  Adware and Defragmenting (had it really been that long??!! - took about 4 hours) have done the trick.

Regards,
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 04:22:06 PM by MWL »

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Defragging
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 03:52:51 AM »
Yeah, especially de-frag after a new AHII update.  If you use IE7 might want to clear out your temporary folders cache; tends to slow things down.  And, yes, spyware and the crap.