Author Topic: Distance for spawns?  (Read 611 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Distance for spawns?
« on: July 21, 2007, 02:12:04 AM »
What's a good average distance from a field to make a GV spawn?

EDIT: Also, what use is the ID field on a spawn's properties?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 02:31:47 AM by OOZ662 »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
Distance for spawns?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 03:18:16 AM »
i beleive you leave the id at 0  this works for me and doesnt seem to have any affect.

As for distance i would say at the least a couple of miles from where u want to be.I know there is nothing worse then driving a gv for 15 20 minutes and get killed 1 shot or by 1 bomb.

i would say if the terrain is hilly make it closer then u would if it was flat.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Distance for spawns?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 03:21:08 AM »
When I placed my TT spawns, they came with ID tags of 0, 1, and 2. Just wondering what they meant.

I knew that part. I was looking for actual numbers though. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Distance for spawns?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:46:29 AM »
ID = the number of the spawn point, object, etc. In other words "how many" of that object type owned by that field. It's assigned automatically, don't change it.

Spawn distance. On average I use 3 to 5 miles depending on the terrain.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 05:50:15 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Distance for spawns?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 05:53:54 AM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
.....As for distance i would say at the least a couple of miles from where u want to be.I know there is nothing worse then driving a gv for 15 20 minutes and get killed 1 shot or by 1 bomb......
Despite what I've been doing lately, I love letting someone get in range of the base and popping them with one shot. It makes them think twice about taking a ride. :t
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Distance for spawns?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 06:22:22 AM »
Alrighty then. I'll begin the last step of adding spawns tomorrow (as it's 4:18 AM and sleep is good for you). Then I get to do the other last step; fix the busted stuff after the first last step. :D

Just a confirmation here, when you place a town0, you want to have it called Map Room and have the collision property checked, correct? That's what Denholm says, but it causes the errors in the object report and makes me wonder why there's a "Town" option in the dropdown list.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Distance for spawns?
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 06:39:35 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
.....Just a confirmation here, when you place a town0, you want to have it called Map Room and have the collision property checked, correct? That's what Denholm says, but it causes the errors in the object report and makes me wonder why there's a "Town" option in the dropdown list.
This is why his tutorial is probably a good starting point for a new terrain builder but should NOT be used for MA terrains.

See rule #10 for MA Terrains.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Distance for spawns?
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »
Hmm...that's what I was suspecting when I as awake in bed last night. Oh well, it won't be too hard to switch all of those over.