Author Topic: Good Day Pilots  (Read 674 times)

Offline Badger II

• Zinc Member
      • http://aceshifightergroup.homestead.com/
Good Day Pilots
« on: July 30, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »
I am new to Aces High but have been Flying for about (8) Years in Fighter Ace..

The Community over there is going to the Dogs Fast and we thought we would give this a try..

I see from the Off Line Demo we will be needing some HELP I can be Contacted at ahfasteddy@hotmail.com..

Our Squad is 35 Pilots Strong but I have no Idea how many will tag along..

Thanks AH_Fast_Eddy CO

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
Re: Good Day Pilots
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »
Originally posted by Badger II
I am new to Aces High but have been Flying for about (8) Years in Fighter Ace..

The Community over there is going to the Dogs Fast and we thought we would give this a try..

I see from the Off Line Demo we will be needing some HELP I can be Contacted at ahfasteddy@hotmail.com..

Our Squad is 35 Pilots Strong but I have no Idea how many will tag along..

Thanks AH_Fast_Eddy CO

Help with what? BTW ah squads are 32 max i belive.:aok
Das Muppets

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 12:32:08 PM »
Welcome aboard.

The help pages here are good and you can visit the trainers website for other info..... in addition to searching the message boards.  Most questions a new plaer would ask have been asked 10 times already, so you should find some good answers quickly.

To research and compare the various aircraft in the game, go to:

http://www.gonzoville.com/charts/index.php
"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:39:06 PM »
Welcome Eddy about time you left that arcade game. There are plenty of us here in AH. Hope to see you soon.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »
You guys will probablly find the trainers and the training arena very helpful as well.   You get a free trial period, and I would recommend using it to get the basics down.  Beyond a certain point the offline game won't teach you much.

Don't be too stressed about the limit on squad membership.  Squads in AH that want more than that limit just break thier squad up into different sections with slightly different names, but all share the same squad vox and text channel etc.

So you might want/need to break it down like the 327th Steel Talons do-

327th Steel Talons Fighter Wing
327th Steel Talons Bomber Wing
327th Steel Talons Attack Wing, etc...

Each "wing" is seen by AH as a seperate squad, even though the members of all wings recognize themselves as "327th".
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 03:52:45 PM »
your gonna need this
http://www.netaces.org/

and get the one page quick reference to commands from there its located in the

"Before You Fly" section under

"AH Quick Reference "  .

We have a group of Trainers here that will gladly help your guys make the transistion .

Also there 's great support over here and #1 top notch customer service . most problems get worked out within 24 hrs .

As you get comfortable with AH ,there's also a full Special Events program happening to with scenario's ,racing, Koth (Death bowl type event) , Friday Squad ops , and various other stuff to get involved in .

Welcome to AH
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »
Welcome Badger!

Couple of good "getting started" links mentioned above. Here's the link to the
AH Training Corps web page:

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Good luck!

p.s.
rooks and knight are bad people...very, very bad people.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 07:41:57 PM by Max »

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 08:31:53 PM »
welcome aboard sir

Offline Badger II

• Zinc Member
      • http://aceshifightergroup.homestead.com/
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 09:13:02 PM »
Soon as I get everything worked out with the move I would like to get one of you AH Vets up on TS..

We will give it our best shot, hope it works out..

Badger II

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 09:59:50 PM »
Originally posted by Badger II
Soon as I get everything worked out with the move I would like to get one of you AH Vets up on TS..

We will give it our best shot, hope it works out..

Badger II

We don't need TS here.. :D
Das Muppets

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 12:15:10 AM »
Badger,
   we don't need TS here - if your mic is setup in windows (can record), it'll work in Aces High. There is a section in the getting started help file on the Forum on using the radio - I found it helpful to tune the V (last box on right in radio buffer) to my handle (Optiker) and pressing T to make sure my mic was working correctly. Using this method, you will hear your own voice ( short delay) and can tell if others can hear you as well. If you cannot hear yourself, go back to windows control panel and in the calibrate audio section - see if you need to enable boost - I did - . Once you have everything working properly, folks within icon range can be heard and spoken to by pressing F12. You and your squadmates can tune to channels 101-199 (all same in V box) and can talk to each other by pressing (and holding) the T key.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Optiker

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 02:27:03 AM »
Welcome badger. Sounds like you have plenty of experience in these sorts of games, so your learning curve will be a whole lot less steep. I suspect most of your learning curve will be learning your new setups and quirks of the game, and learning AH2's flight model. You will find it more challenging that FA's model, but you should adjust fairly quickly.
Just remember to turn that stall-limiter OFF!
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 06:13:29 AM »
Badger feel free to email me or contact me in game.
AH Trainer Corps will do what we can to help smooth the transition.

As Roscoroo pointed out Netaces.org is an awesome resource.

The trainers also have a web page
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com

Leave your ego at the door for the first 3 months while your adjusting.
You'll die a thousand times, just like all the rest of us have.

Meantime welcome to the addiction.

ghosth@flyaceshigh.com
ghosth@mcleodusa.net

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 08:08:21 PM »
Hi Badger,

<--Fellow FIghter Acer as well.

Welcome to AH and you'll love it here. I will warn you the learning curve is very steep. Frustration is very probable.

Take it all in...give it some time and you'll get in the flow.

If your on the Knights side (most newbs are:lol ) give a shout out to anyone from the 71 sqd. Im sure they will be more than happy to give ya a few tips here and there and break down what ya need to know.

Starting a squad here is no problem....no team speak required. The game as was mentioned has it's own voice comms and is very user friendly and works just fine.

Biggest thing is just dont get all worked up with things....There are alot of people here that will mop the floor with almost anyone here. Even the good sticks find someone that just waxes thier tails.

Best of luck here...I came here along with at the time 5 other FA'ers when we left the squad we were in. Since then 3 3 of them have left and the other 3 are in the squad I am in.

I have been here for a few years now and I still suck...but I have a great time most everytime I am on.

Welcome again and best wishes on your squad and your time in AH!!!!
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Good Day Pilots
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 09:00:15 PM »
Badger

Can't really add anything to what's been said above other than if you have a question don't be afraid to ask.  

Every community has it's groups of jerks and tards but this on is 90+% positive and you will get an answer to any question quickly.

Get in touch with the trainers as has been mentioned.  Great group of people that are patient and knowledgable.

If you like the furball 'shoot anything red' mentality the MA is for you.  If you prefer 'gentlemans rules' dogfighting then check out the AVA.  

The scenarios are generally well thought out and a lot of fun.  

Best of luck to you and your squad
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute