Author Topic: Voice Highlight  (Read 368 times)

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
Voice Highlight
« on: July 24, 2007, 08:24:18 PM »
I may be thinking of another game or something, but wasnt there a feature which used to highlight who was talking on vox channel?

Sure you get the name pop up in the top right of the screen, but i seem to remember a box being drawn around the actual icon of the person talking if they were nearby - anyone know what i'm on about?

Is there a setting to turn this on / off? I found it handy when there were a lot of friendlies around - guess its not really realistic it all helps to make it fun.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Voice Highlight
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 09:52:37 PM »
The dot on the map that reprasents a countryman or those on the same channel AND in the air will become larger when they key up. If someone should say "GOON over here" and you get the clipboard up quickly, you'll know where "here" is.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
Voice Highlight
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 09:55:53 PM »
Oh yep cheers, knew about that one.. but im specifically wondering about the (possibly imagined) box which gets drawn around the icon of the person talking...

Anyone ever seen this or am i living in a world of my own imagination?

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Voice Highlight
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:42:52 PM »
Originally posted by brucerer
Oh yep cheers, knew about that one.. but im specifically wondering about the (possibly imagined) box which gets drawn around the icon of the person talking...

only thing I know that happens similar to that is the box that goes around somebody your about to give a check six to.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Voice Highlight
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »
Originally posted by brucerer

would be a good idea, when you are in a mess of people.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
Voice Highlight
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 12:19:18 AM »
Originally posted by Wolf14
only thing I know that happens similar to that is the box that goes around somebody your about to give a check six to.

Yeh that's what it looked like in my memory. Perhaps i did imagine the whole thing - in which case i think we should grab our torches and pitchforks and head over to HTC and demand it as a new feature!

Power to the people and all that, hurrah!