Author Topic: question about films.  (Read 469 times)

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
question about films.
« on: August 30, 2007, 04:43:21 PM »
I'm fairly new to using the film viewer, i've kept it relativly to screenshots but i've noticed that if i film fights, i can find better screenshots in the film, and i can find out 1)if i lost, what i could of done (learn from your mistakes :]) and 2) if i won, was there any way i could of done better (usually is)
so my question is
is there any way to get a screenshot out of a film?
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
question about films.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
Yes, there is. First you have to get the camera position that you want. Once you have your camera position, hit the full screen button. Now, your image takes up the whole screen. Then, hit the Prnt Scrn button on your keyboard. The image is now saved onto your computer's clipboard. :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
question about films.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:23:54 PM »
Your mouse can still spoil the image. Move it to the lower border so it's just off-screen, THEN hit printscreen. :aok

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
question about films.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 07:03:16 PM »
thanks guys
<>
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
question about films.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Here's is the correct way to do it (in detailed style)

First start up your computer. Once it load all that crap and you close down all the programs you may not need, open the Aces High game. select Online arena, click OK on your account info, and select an arena. Find a base and plane to up from (remember to bring ord if you want) and go ahead and up. Once you get to a point in your flight when you wish to take a screenshot from your "Aces High Film Viewer", hit alt-R to record. After you die or kill the enemy hit alt-R to stop recording, and go land. Exit the game and go to your Aces High Folder. Open the Aces High Film Viewer, click file, open, click Film_1 (or whatever film you just recorded), and click open. Play the film until you get to a point where you think "I want a screenshot of that". Pause the film, set up the camera angel using Internal, External, Chase, Fixed, gunsight, or bombsight view. Once you have the camera angle set up click the "View Full Screen" button. The screenshot will now fill the screen. Move our mouse so it dissapears beyond the screen border and press the "Print Screen" button located above your Insert key. Click anywhere on the screen, close down the Film Viewer, Close your AH folder, and open "Paints". Click "Edit" and "Paste". Your screenshot will now appear on Paints. Click File, Save As, Name it, and save it to your desktop or Picture Folder (or wherever you please). You have now made a screenshot using the AH Film Viewer :)

Told ya it would be detail style :lol

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
question about films.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:22:22 PM »
Originally posted by Latrobe

First start up your computer. Once it load all that crap and you close down all the programs you may not need, open the Aces High game. select Online arena, click OK on your account info, and select an arena. Find a base and plane to up from (remember to bring ord if you want) and go ahead and up. Once you get to a point in your flight when you wish to take a screenshot from your "Aces High Film Viewer", hit alt-R to record. After you die or kill the enemy hit alt-R to stop recording, and go land. Exit the game and go to your Aces High Folder. Open the Aces High Film Viewer, click file, open, click Film_1 (or whatever film you just recorded), and click open. Play the film until you get to a point where you think "I want a screenshot of that". Pause the film, set up the camera angel using Internal, External, Chase, Fixed, gunsight, or bombsight view. Once you have the camera angle set up click the "View Full Screen" button. The screenshot will now fill the screen. Move our mouse so it dissapears beyond the screen border and press the "Print Screen" button located above your Insert key. Click anywhere on the screen, close down the Film Viewer, Close your AH folder, and open "Paints". Click "Edit" and "Paste". Your screenshot will now appear on Paints. Click File, Save As, Name it, and save it to your desktop or Picture Folder (or wherever you please). You have now made a screenshot using the AH Film Viewer :)

I lost ya at "Here's the correct way to do it (detail style)"... can you explain it again.:D

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
question about films.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 11:40:24 PM »
Originally posted by Latrobe

detail is an understatement...
but you know
i kinda needed it
i didn't know you had to boot up the computer
that might've been the problem
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
question about films.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 09:36:47 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Your mouse can still spoil the image. Move it to the lower border so it's just off-screen, THEN hit printscreen. :aok

My computer is soo awesome I can't take screen shots with my mouse in the way. My computer pwns all!:cool:
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
question about films.
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:50:06 AM »
Originally posted by Denholm
My computer is soo awesome I can't take screen shots with my mouse in the way. My computer pwns all!:cool:

Can or can't?

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
question about films.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »
Mouse doesn't show up on screen shots. So, it bypasses the mouse. You will never find my invisi-mouse.:cool:
FlameThink.com

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
question about films.
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 03:18:45 PM »
Mouse doesn't show up on screen shots. So, it bypasses the mouse. You will never find my invisi-mouse.:cool:

My mouse doesn't show up either:p

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
question about films.
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »
You stole my specialty!:mad:
FlameThink.com

Offline Jack16

• Nickel Member
question about films.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 12:34:33 AM »
You stole my specialty!:mad:

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha*coughs* !!!!