Author Topic: The Custer's last stand GV question  (Read 498 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
The Custer's last stand GV question
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:35:18 PM »
Since I have been splitting my time in the MA between the Ostie & the Spit Mark 8, I have found myself in new GV situations alot.  Last couple of nights, I have found myself the LAST friendly GV in an airbase that was just taken over by the enemy.  I just kept hammering away with the 37MM, then they killed my tracks, so I kept shooting, they killed my 37mm, so I switched to the .30 cal and kept shooting.  They finally destroyed me, but not before I had inflicted alot of damage.  I know that I can kill planes, but my question is this...can you damage what is now enemy building and structures, etc?  Also, how do some of you others handle this situation?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »
If the enemy has control of the base then yes, you can damadge buildings, structures, etc. If it were me I'd shooting at everything in sight. Enemy plane...shoot at it, enemy gv....shoot at it, some field ack or town buildings....shoot at it. I would also be LMAO at everyone who augers into me, and from the fun of being the last one. :)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:54:45 PM »
soon as it's captured i start killing the ack, soft guns first if i can.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
The Osti is the weapon of choice for blasting towns and nearby strat targets away.  It can take down a (entire) town faster than any other vehicle and is good for ~70-80% of most strat targets.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:30:13 AM »
If it is red(recently or not) it is dead! :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline what'shisname?

• Zinc Member
Hobby
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 09:12:03 AM »
My favorite hobby is to make it on nme airbase w/ T34.  I approach multiple times, working in from one direction.  I take out ack-ack as main objective and get that radar tower sucker.  I like to pop planes taking off or landing.  Hop into vh and vulch tanks as they spawn up is much fun.   I do all arenas and LW is more opportunistic as EW has seasoned pros in it.

Life expectancy?  As one guy put it, "electrons are free" ; $15 per month.

You won't be loved---for sure---ha, ha.

Yesterday I got 10 perk points in one sortie:  ack-ack, multiple ordnance and fuel stores, 2 hangers while camped and injured in a hangar.  I got the tower and 8 planes coming in to pop me.  T34 muzzle will take out planes w/ HE .  If I would have landed successfully you would have read about it.

In "Nam they called it  "search and destroy" .  Life expectancy?  One way mission.  Ask the Special Forces guys about their Cold War objectives into Russia.