Author Topic: <S> Lusche  (Read 586 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
<S> Lusche
« on: September 21, 2007, 06:18:14 AM »
Sorry I didn't return your last night. I had to take out a radar right away, and from there I had to fight for my life against numerous fighters. It was a hair-raising mission for sure.

Thats what I love about this game. Everyday you play you always have that one "flight to remember". Lately for me its been in the guise of radar buster.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
<S> Lusche
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 06:47:29 AM »
You had no chance to return it in time I guess. After going BOOM I saluted and logged a few moments later, for I was VERY upset about my own dumbness :D

Nice shot with that 20mm turret. The real dumb thing was I knew I was making a big error, yet still pressed the attack. I saw you rolling your Ki-67s to get a guns solution with that top turret. But some evil demon voice whispered "he is just making some small course corrections for a proper attack run on A41, don't worry". And against my own better judgment I continued, and poof went my 262...

Greed kills.

ps: wasn't my night anyway. lost more planes than usual, and FX1 really showed me my limits in just 30 seconds... ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
<S> Lusche
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »
Yeah, Ive been opening my nights in the TA practicing my gunnery. That and Ive been spending a lot of time in field guns to practice my leads. Earlier I did and auto climb/roll and killed a P-51 with the only gun I had KI-67 ammo left in, the right waist. Ive been practicing an awful lot in getting the 20 mm of the KI into play more. That, and using my waist guns a lot more. You hung up just a second to long.

Strange was I wasnt even going to make that radar busting run cause it was getting late. When I saw you in your 262 I thought I was dead meat again. Afterwards I was up to my ears in F-4us but I managed to get all bombers home after downing one of them.

Surviving against a stick like you means more to me then downing 100 noobs. .

Originally posted by Lusche
You had no chance to return it in time I guess. After going BOOM I saluted and logged a few moments later, for I was VERY upset about my own dumbness :D

Nice shot with that 20mm turret. The real dumb thing was I knew I was making a big error, yet still pressed the attack. I saw you rolling your Ki-67s to get a guns solution with that top turret. But some evil demon voice whispered "he is just making some small course corrections for a proper attack run on A41, don't worry". And against my own better judgment I continued, and poof went my 262...

Greed kills.

ps: wasn't my night anyway. lost more planes than usual, and FX1 really showed me my limits in just 30 seconds... ;)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
<S> Lusche
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:58:17 AM »
Lusche, you are a great shot in that "Electrolux" airplane, lol. You've decimated a few of my buff missions with ease.:D
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
When you jump to the gun position...
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 07:59:50 AM »
Doesn't the plane return to auto pilot and level out?

Are you just shooting quickly as the course corrects, or is there a way to lock in the maneuver?

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
<S> Lusche
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:12:09 AM »
I've killed 262's in my Ki's before. I get in the top 20mm turret and manually hold the rudder-turn, keeping my gun trained on the enemy. Some of my opponents (not just 262 pilots) have expressed surprise (to put it politely) that I was able to kill them fairly easily. Well, once that 20mm has an eye on you, watch out!:D
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: When you jump to the gun position...
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »
Originally posted by TalonX
Doesn't the plane return to auto pilot and level out?

Are you just shooting quickly as the course corrects, or is there a way to lock in the maneuver?

Yeah normally it reverts back to auto-pilot once you ease off your rudders. Using rudders to roll left or right is very helpful with a top turret and waist guns. Fighters can think they are in a safe position when you roll the bomber and gun them. In the waist rolling left or right will either raise or lower the waist guns.

Using the waist guns is a huge advantage. You often get really good looks at incoming/outgoing attackers in them, and, it surprises many of them to get gunned from the waist.

I start every AH night off with a run in the TA to practice my gunnery. I can now fly thru the guns, and plane positions, without even thinking. Sticking with 3 or 4 bombers helped me a lot in learning the guns. The B-17/24 are the same, the 26, and the KI-67 are the bombers I stick with.

I like radar busting cause the really good enemy sticks are probably the ones who will take their radars getting knocked out personally. Fighting guys with the skill levels of  Lusche are the only way your going to grow.

I was real sneaky last night. Looking like a bomber stick intent on his bombsight when in reality I had all eyes on him waiting for him to make a mistake. You are lucky if Lusche ever makes a mistake but if he does you have to jump on it.

Another sneaky trick is, if I'm approaching a target, and a enemy fighter is shadowing me, is I'll slowly ease off the throttle and get him to creep to close. At the same time I dont swing any guns or do anything to make him think I'm watching. Another sneaky trick is to set auto-speed to 130 in the KI-67 and when a fighter comes in low, and is thinking hes going to avoid the cannon, hit ALT/X and go into a steep climb which will bring him into your cannon sights. The KI climbs so steeply just hitting ALT/X like that often discombobulates his attack.

I actually sit there in my squad car, during quiet moments, with pen and paper thinking this kind of stuff up. Shows you what a nut Ive become for this game.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:46:11 PM by Rich46yo »