Author Topic: Blue Angels At K-bay  (Read 392 times)

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:34:11 AM »
I have been watching the Angels rippin around my neighborhood all afternoon.  They are warming up for 3 shows this weekend at Kaneohe MCAS next door to my town.  One flight went right over my house REALLY low and fast.  I am just a block from the beach so I can see them out my window rippin down the beach right above the palm trees.  The noise (sound of freedom) was makin my dogs crazy. We are going to the show (box seats) Saturday and will watch from the beach the other 2 days. :)

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:23:53 AM »
You lucky dog. The Blues put on a great show, and I would bet that it is even better at your local.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:24:06 AM »
Fleet week coming to you?  Cool!

I posted last week asking if anyone in the Bay Area had gone.  I live in SF, right next to a big hill overlooking downtown, the bay and the Pacific.  

It was really interesting to see the 'behind the scenes' action as the formation of 4 and the 2 leads whipped around after a pass over the designated viewing area.  Could hear them throttle up and throttle down to keep on time.

Only had 2 USN ships...was disappointing. :(

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 11:18:58 AM »
Originally posted by SIK1
You lucky dog. The Blues put on a great show, and I would bet that it is even better at your local.

LOL!!!!! he's in "frikin" Hawaii !!!! EVERYTHINGS better when your there !!!

Hope you got your camera out Dave !  

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 11:27:13 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
LOL!!!!! he's in "frikin" Hawaii !!!!  

That must suck :cry

I missed the SF show last week.  My kids had soccer.  I did see the RAF's Red Arrows about 10 years ago in Ireland (Ah, the old home land).  The Red Arrows are a bigger display but from what I have seen from the Blue Angels on TV the Blue Angels certainly put on a better display.  

Enjoy the show... and I hope the dog recovers from its nervous breakdown.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »
I got to see the show on Sunday here in San Francisco.. Pretty sweet to see them over the bay..

I was amazed at some of the manuvers they were doing so low over the city. They were sure turning and burning and causing every damn car alarm to go off.

The best was the high speed pass over the water. One of the soloists came in at nearly mach 1 and got literally 10ft off the water. He was so fast you could see the vapor forming the shockwave and it caused a wake along the water as he sped by. It was absolutely amazing!

I definately looked like this as he went by..

:O

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 01:08:52 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
LOL!!!!! he's in "frikin" Hawaii !!!! EVERYTHINGS better when your there !!!

Hope you got your camera out Dave !  

That's what I was alluding to Joe.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 01:14:18 PM »
While the Blue Angels and others I'm sure put on great shows. Nothing beats an air show flown off a carrier out to sea for some dignitary !!!

Ours set up a CV sized area with smokers out on the water, and all the wings took turns blowing the crap out of the ocean with missiles and bombs, and guns. To show the speed differences for landing and haulin butt in an F14, they had one fly by a couple hundred yards off the ship with flaps out gear and hook down, wings swept forward, just barely hanging on. Before the plane had crossed the lenght of our carrier, a second F14 came screaming out of the sky at better than mach 1, dropped to the deck, blew by in a blur, and was almost out of site again.

They did two shows while I was onboard, and it was just unbelievable each time ! One of my most favorite memories of being in the Navy.

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 02:17:26 PM »
hate you DJ ,, hehe get lots of pic's  
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 03:07:07 PM »
HeHe!!
Our sqaddie, Jazz1 is going today, also.  He asked if I wanted to go, but I can only take the hot asphault and cold beer one day in a row.  Also, our friend is having a big party after the Saturday show and I might as well just have one BIG hangover for the weekend. :D

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »
Hate Jazz too hehe ,,, Have a great time gents :aok
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 05:49:48 PM »
Originally posted by xNOVAx
I got to see the show on Sunday here in San Francisco.. Pretty sweet to see them over the bay..

The F-16 solo act was pretty cool, too.

Where you live in SF?

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 06:59:03 PM »
Originally posted by kamilyun
The F-16 solo act was pretty cool, too.

Where you live in SF?

I just found a place off Geary and Fillmore. You in the city?

I didn't get to see all of the F-16 act. I got into town about 1:00 Sunday afternoon and was out doing thing's when he was up.. I did see him and the P-51 in formation over the city though. Pretty sweet.

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Blue Angels At K-bay
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 07:03:03 PM »
Check PM's :)