Author Topic: Look what I found!  (Read 156 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Look what I found!
« on: October 05, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
I found a long lost short story I wrote in 1st grade...  FIRST grade.  From reading this, I suppose I was really smart back then :huh

The scary (kind of) story

By: Travis

One day there was a mouse with red eyes and very sharp teeth.  He never shows his feelings no matter what.  And, surprisingly, hates cheese but loves pepperoni pizza.  He also has 20,000 friends.  

Anyway, he wanted to go see what it looked like inside the old barn.
He told his friends that if he got the chance, he would tell them what it was like.  “But mouse,” one of the mice said.  “No one ever makes it out of there.”  Well I will.”  Mouse said Heroically.  He wanted to check the place out during the day before he went at night.  When he arrived an elderly mouse jumped out at him.  “Halt, who goes there”?  Cried the old mouse.  “Just Mouse.”  Mouse replied.  “I’m going to check out the barn during the day and see how different it is in the full moon’s light.”  “You can go in the day, but not at night.” The elderly mouse said.  “Why not?” Mouse asked.  “Because on full moon nights like tonight… the barn gets haunted.”  The elder mouse said.  “First you see a broken ladder, then you hear approaching foot steps, you’ll realize that the approaching are the sound of a man.  A very scary, he’ll then climb up the broken ladder, he’ll turn around and you’ll start dazing, you’ll notice his eyes getting bigger, don’t look at them, or you’ll turn to stone, the daze will try and make you look at the eyes so try and snap out of it, find something in the barn that is metal, chew it up and spit it out of your mouth like a riffle.  Then the barn won’t be haunted any more.”  “Well can I go in the barn…now?”  Mouse asked.  “Sure.”  Replied the elder mouse.  “Ok, thank you.”  Mouse said.  The mouse a look inside the barn, took the ladder, and destroyed it.  Later that night, mouse went to the barn right before the moon came, when the moon did come mouse heard approaching footsteps, than he saw the man.  He looked confused since the ladder was gone.  So he just went on top of a piece of hay.  But mouse chewed up a rake and spit.     THE END

I find it kind of interesting to see something I barely remember writing, that I wrote 6 years ago.  It's interesting to see what kind of personallity I had back then.  I do in fact, remember writing this story...  Back then, to me... It was genius.  

Now I'm writing this novel called "The Witches Abode"  I'm about 90 pages in, and I hope to get it published...
It's one of the few large things I'm following through on :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 08:53:40 AM by Oogly50 »
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Look what I found!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:07:16 AM »
:lol  It ends so fast!!! :rofl

I remember writing stuff like that. :D

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Look what I found!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 09:18:40 AM »
Go give that to your mom, right now!

A few months back my kids and I were visiting my mom and she brought out some of my literary works from elementary school, funny stuff!!!  My kids got a kick out of it and it sure brought back memories.  

Hehe, come to think of it, my oldest son is about the same age as you  (Crap, I'm getting old:furious )