Author Topic: Do I need to resupply CV Fields for an MA Terrain?  (Read 458 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Do I need to resupply CV Fields for an MA Terrain?
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
Do I need a strat resupply object (Train, Road, River) assigned to the field(s) numbers associated with a CV on my MA terrain?

If the answer is "it's optional" would the effect be that the task group would rebuild eventually similar to a (v)(s)(m)(l)fld ?

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 09:33:56 AM »
Use the "Create All" function when placing roads. It will place a road for every field that requires a road. The road will run directly south for 10 miles and the default properties set it as a road. You will want to go from field to field and make sure the road does not do anything ridiculous like run into water or scale a cliff. I like to change the direction of the roads just because straight roads/rails aren't too appealing. I will also change the properties so that HQs and factories have railroads leading to them. I'll give some cities/fields rivers.
Each road should be 10 miles long.
After you've checked all of your roads use the "Redo Objects" function. This will place all of the barges/convoys/trains automatically.

CVs do not use strat

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 09:47:49 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor
CVs do not use strat
Right, CVs are resupplied when the base they belong to is resupplied. They're one of the few things that are not Group Masters.

Convoys, barges and trains all travel their tracks in 10 minutes so you set the length of the track according to how fast you want the vehicles to go. I use 2-3 miles for barges and 7-8 miles for trucks. Trains rock along at 60 mph with a 10 mile track.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Ok, I'll make a copy of the terrain and run "Create All", and look at it what it does more closely, and match that.

I'd initially done a "Create All" - but then after working with it a while I restored the terrain to before I added the first roads and am now adding them manually - I have to move so many of them if I use "Create All" that it really doesn't save a whole lot of time.  On top of that, I don't like the way it lays them all out 10 miles to the S regardless of obstacles, I don't like how it names them, I find they are a real PITA to move, and I REALLY dislike that as it adds them and as you move them around they goober up the terrain heights and the subregion selections on the terrain, and with "Create all", you have to move a lot of them.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »
Take a look at MachNix's Tile Setter 2.3. It's not perfect and only sets one type of track but it might save you some time in the future. iirc I set the track length to 10 miles and shorten the ones I don't turn into trains.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001