Author Topic: Home Cinema setups are fine but..  (Read 481 times)

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
Home Cinema setups are fine but..
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 04:57:08 AM »
Reshke

It all goes back to the question of what do you intend to playback through the system. If it's going to be primarily for video sound you probably want to take advantage of audio that complements your HD monitor. If space and wire paths permit, I say get as many channels as your budget will allow.
BTW, have you seen the new generation DLP's? I understand they are lighter and much slimmer than gen 1's, offer a better picture and are more reliable (so they say).

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 10:42:01 AM »
I looked at several different TV's before going with this one. The picture versus the price just couldn't be beat. We ended up getting this on for $800.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 11:38:46 AM »
I use Magnepan SMGa speakers, tube preamp, oppo dvd player and have an Adcom power amp along with a small sub.  Sounds  absolutely great for music and is fine for home theater use.  I have the speakers  just outside my screen edges for my panasonic projector.  While not surround, the audio imaging is great and I find I really dont need noise blasting from every corner of the room.

Dvd's of David Gilmour, Yanni, Ian Anderson, TSO and others are simply fantastic to listen to and watch, as when you go to a concert it is not 5.1 surround, it is what is on stage.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back