Author Topic: Exceptional, Notable or Time Honored Squads  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Exceptional, Notable or Time Honored Squads
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 04:16:36 PM »
Nazgul is an old one and is the best Squadron out there, IMO.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 05:23:37 PM »
There is ALOT that goes into making a squad "Notable" "Time Honored" and "Exceptional". Score would be for me right near the bottom of the list.

People make the squad. People and Squads make AH. Each person decides how they will carry themselves in this game. Each person decides how they will be viewed (insert online persona / ingame person). And each that are in a squad will either shine a good light on thier squaddies or bad.

Squads that last and become well known usually have some seriously good sticks that are fairly quiet or have some really good sticks that are loudmouthed arrogant jerks and don't mind showing it.

BK's are about as nice a bunch as I have flown with that back in thier hayday....could flat get busy killing and were for the most part pretty quiet about it.

Grims Reapers , formally USMC or USMC now or whatever they are now , are some base taking fighting fools. They could TAKE some bases and get busy in thier own right.

FreeBirds were much like USMC , and if memory serves , had quite a battle going on for who could do better at land grabbin. USMC or them.

AoM....hmmmm....well...they used to be quiet killers.....but that has changed over the years. Nuff said.

Nazgul....Great squad.

WM's great squad.

Damage Inc. (aka) who is btw one of the BEST guys to fly with...

AK's , JB's , Dynamite Gang , The FEW , Hells Angels , BoP's , VF31 , 56th , 99th ASTAG , 80th FS , M.A.W. , CH's , 68th , 69th , and many more are all IMHO not only Notable , time honored and exception but a pleasure to fight with and against.

My Squadron is IMHO again , the best. I'm C.O. and partial yes but the people I have the pleasure to fly with whenever I log on make the game and my time online the best it can be. We interact not to win the war perse' but to have fun. To laugh , joke and generally give of ourselves for the squad.

It's not about 1 person in 71 sqd. Its about all of us. When someone is haveing a personal problem , they know they can bring it to us as a freind in need and not just a squaddie. Real life happens in 71sqd. ANd EACH of us makes it a whole. Each of us has things to contibute no matter how big or small.

THESE are things that makes squads notable , time honored and exceptional. IMHO of course.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline GGhost

• Copper Member
      • 79TH FIGHTER GROUP - FALCONS
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 05:29:14 PM »
All in all I think everyone here that is speaking for there squad. or group. Can say that they enjoy flying in Aces High II. And also enjoy having a great squad. or group of guys & gals to fly with them. I fly with alot of these pilots from different squads. & groups. And most of the time I have a enjoyable air battle with them or against them.

< Salute > to all ! :aok

- GGhost
Currently not flying

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »
444TH Air Mafia in the air since Nov. 1995  :aok   http://airmafia.com/history.htm
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
werent the KRAITS the guys who made the diffetn skin terrains for AW?..snow desert ect?..they were kik ***

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2007, 06:17:30 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
I mentioned the Kraits.

I was thinkin' about 'em the other week when I stumbled upon an old burned copy of AW3 w/ the Strategic Aircraft Converter (S.A.C.) on it.

Almost loaded that up just for the memories.

I do remember the Damned on AOL AW as mostly trainers.  The WidowMakers were made up of mostly AOL employees and took great delight in hunting down the Durned ones.  I recall many a' night typing "here lizard, lizard, lizard" hunting Rodan.

Good time...  Good times....

yes Kraits did it/started it -  thinking it was Spiff or 1 of em in charge, Vulch maybe also. ( Flossy's Husband or Son I think had a hand in it also , perhaps )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »
One of my favorite squads is Sehob.

Granted it's a really tiny squad but is notable.

:)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2007, 07:03:22 PM »
The Flying Circus one of the first 20 or so formed in Aces Highs' first year.

Vati started us with the name Sturmjager.  We were asked many times if we were a Luftwaffe squad.  We flew a mix of birds so we thought it best to name the squad TFC.  Clowns, little volkswagens, floppy feet and the works.

Five or 6 of us have been around since the games inception still in the squad.

Lot's of us old AWs' also.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2007, 08:02:11 PM »
Originally posted by BiGBMAW
werent the KRAITS the guys who made the diffetn skin terrains for AW?..snow desert ect?..they were kik ***

Fidd did the Scenario Aircraft Converter with all the skins.  It was another KRAIT who did the terrains.

Can't think of the name at the moment.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
There are so many squads worth mentioning for various reasons.  Some that come to me off the top of my head are listed below and have my respect as allies or enemies.

VF31 Tomcatters, 323 Deathrattlers,  The Diamond Backs, Blind Bats, Steel Rain, Gruppe Outlaws, SOAR, 68s, CHs, FBs, BoPs, +precision, LTAR, Pigs on the Wing, Six String Samurai, Wild Eyed Southern Boys, JBs, and of course the AArch AAngelz 187th.  I am sure I overlooked some worthy squads, no offense intended.

Originally posted by RedTop

AK's , JB's , Dynamite Gang , The FEW , Hells Angels , BoP's , VF31 , 56th , 99th ASTAG , 80th FS , M.A.W. , CH's , 68th , 69th , and many more are all IMHO not only Notable , time honored and exception but a pleasure to fight with and against.

Thank you to AAolds & RedTop on behalf of the VF-31 Tomcatters <<>>

I think there are alot of great squads out there that I am honored to fly w/ & fight against.

I would never go by who is in the Top 25 to see who is better and who is not, as I believe it's the respect you show others that makes you a great squad.

The fighter rank & taking bases can be a plus; but they are not by any means the reason I have respect for certain squads.

This is not in order of which squads I respect just squads I can think off the top of my head as being everything I can only hope the VF-31 can become.

My list:

332nd, 68th, VMF-251, VMF-214,  VOF-1, 71 Sqd. RAF, 31st FG, Dynamite Gang, AK's, AA's, Aces & 8's, 323, Raw Prawns, The UNFORGIVEN, 173rd Guardian Angels, Lentolaivue 34, 332nd, Black Adders, Hellcat FG...

<>
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:52:06 PM by RATTFINK »
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 11:12:05 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The 479th "Riddle's Raiders" FG has been around for around 15 years now, most of the current members have been flying together for about 10 years, with some of the original Raiders still flying.  All in all, best group of dweebs I've ever had the honor of flying with.

ack-ack

Yep, I remember the 479th from way way back... Murder, AkaK, Crims are all great guys and will show you a thing or two and used to always offer suggestions.  There are a bunch more but brain cell kill due to alcohol abuse leaves my mind kinda fuzzy at the moment.  Wanna know how to really fly a 38, ask them guys!

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!