Author Topic: Okinawa Frame 1 Scores  (Read 557 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« on: December 02, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
After reviewing the logs, and careful consideration by the CM Team the scoring has been modified. During the review, it was determined that the scoring for Allied Ships was too low. What I have done to modify it is to return it to my normal scoring method.

Carriers will now be worth 200. Cruisers will be 100, and Destroyers will now be 50. The original scoring method saw each ship reduced significantly in points, this made it nearly impossible for the Axis to Achieve victory. The ordinance carrying differential between the two sides leaves the Allies with better shot at destroying there targets, especially against stationary hangars. While the Japanese Aircraft carrying much lighter payloads were attacking hard surface ships. To counter the Ships the Axis launched 25 formations of KI67s, of the 75 Peggy Bombers, 45 were shot down.

When 45 Twin Engine bombers are shot down it really shows in the scores. The number of destroyed Peggy's is a big concern to me, The increase in the points of the ships should help make things a bit more even, with the "Available" Points in the setup itself.

ALLIES: 1210

72 - Single Engine Aircraft x 5     = 360
45 - Twin Engine Aircraft  x 10    = 450
A10 Hangars - 1 Destroyed        = 40
A13 Hangars - 5 Destroyed        = 200
A18 Hangars - 4 Destroyed        = 160

AXIS: 925

105 - Single Engine Aircraft x 5 = 525
CV 2 Sunk                        = 200
CV 4 Sunk                        = 200

As far as the setup, all the rules and settings are to remain the same.

I hope everyone had a great time, it seems like from the talk here at the forums it did, and there are some incredible screenshots, which I always like to see.

I'm putting the final touches, on the orders and maps for Frame 2, and they will be emailed shortly to 56th Fighter Group - Bearkats, and Isle of Misfit Toys - DaWop. DaWop has already contacted me and his XO will be leading the Axis this Frame.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:35:53 PM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »
Thanks Nef...

I was concerned about the points in the orders last week but I felt I'd rather work with it than come in here and complain about it (I was already on a crusade about the minimums:D ).  The way I figured, at Okinawa, the Axis was backed into a corner, and thus I figured it was your intent to make it very hard for axis in this frame and I was just the poor sucker who got the job :cool:

So with that in mind, I largely put the carriers out of my mind and tryed to focus my force on defense, since the only serious chance of winning would be to try to deny the Allies their targets.

Had the carriers had the higher values I would have put more energy into sinking them.  So I'm glad to see you've decided to change it.  The next Axis CiC should have a little easier task on his plate.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline ELD66

• Silver Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 04:13:33 PM »
Well done on both sides.
E1Diablo in game

Member of JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 04:24:25 PM »
Allied Frame 2 Objectives received.

Nefarious I noticed in your scoring that at A18 you listed 3 hangers destroyed, my group took out 4 hangers all 3 FH and 1 BH  at A18 just an FYI thing for you.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 04:36:40 PM »
Your right, thanks for the heads up. The score was correct, just had you down for three. Its been fixed.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 05:13:40 PM »
can cv be turned in the fso by the americans
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »
Yes.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »
Originally posted by splitatom

CLARIFICATION: The TG's are controlled by the side CiC. If the Side CiC gives you permission to drive a boat, by all means, drive the boat. If you do not have specific permission from your CiC to drive the boat, stay out of the captain's chair.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 11:12:54 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice to have this feature in the Mains? ;)
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 11:57:33 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice to have this feature in the Mains?

Mains are for the masses, SEA is for the Pro's.  Yet another example :)

We might not always get it right, but when you are working with players who get the whole SEA concept, we do have some good times.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 10:04:17 AM »
Originally posted by splitatom

What Rep0man said:aok

Also, their is a TG command count in the settings.
0= nobody drives my boat
1= only 1 at a time? or is it 1 per TG?

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 07:22:26 AM »
i think its 1 per TG
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
Okinawa Frame 1 Scores
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 10:27:24 AM »
Thats what I thought.
It's something to remember when you have multiple TG's in the same area that compose 1 fleet. Similar to what we had in Frame 3 of Operation Cerberus.
I set the Command count to 3 so that the CiC would be able to control them all.

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~