Author Topic: pt boat  (Read 503 times)

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
pt boat
« on: December 11, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »
I am sure it is something simple but I cannot get a pt boat to get moving. procedure is start engine, put in forward, give it the gas and push forward on joystick  right? only thing i am noticing is my rpm is 10,000 but when i give it the gas the rpm does not increase. when I go to the clipboard and check my control throttle it shows it is working.any ideas?

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
pt boat
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »
You don't push stick forward for pt boats.

Make sure you have Mode 2 mapped (you can copy Mode 1 to Mode 2) and the box labeled "Autoselect" checked so Mode 2 is automatically selected when you deploy gv or pt boat.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
pt boat
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:30:30 PM »
Might be in the wrong mode??  Bring up your clipboard and see if you can find a check box for "pick correct mode" or something like that; I think that's what I did.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
pt boat
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:40:57 PM »
ok got it. i had the right mode selected and on auto nut did not work but when i copied it from mode 1, it started working thanks

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
pt boat
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 07:29:55 AM »
Stick forward works in GV's, you have to push throttle forward for PT boats.  Of course it has to be in gear, and you have to be in the drivers position (just like GV's) to get it moving.  Once you are moving, you can steer with the rudder control just like when a GV.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
Engine not starting
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 11:19:28 AM »
Sometimes when I try to start the PT boat engine all i get is a sound like I've got a bad starter motor or a dead battery. Does the pt have to be in gear or in neutral? does the throttle setting have anything to do with this?
Am I losing my mind?:confused:

Thanks
gusman44

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
pt boat
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »
Just tap the E key Gus. If you hold it down too long it will toggle the engine off.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
pt boat
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:36:31 AM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Just tap the E key Gus. If you hold it down too long it will toggle the engine off.

:rofl :rofl :o :o  I'm such an idiot

Thanks Blooz

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO