Author Topic: Good guys 1; Bad guy 0  (Read 314 times)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« on: January 10, 2008, 08:35:32 AM »
http://www.statesman.com/shared-gen/content/shared-gen/ap/Feature_Stories/ODD_Armed_Customer.html?cxntlid=inform

a CCL is a good thing.   The outcome might have been different if the BG had actually loaded his gun...

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Re: Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 08:51:48 AM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
http://www.statesman.com/shared-gen/content/shared-gen/ap/Feature_Stories/ODD_Armed_Customer.html?cxntlid=inform

a CCL is a good thing.   The outcome might have been different if the BG had actually loaded his gun...

That's true, 'Screw.

I think here the point would be intent, though. It sounds' like this robber never wanted to hurt anyone anyway. Obviously he didn't actually intent to use the gun, He merely thought it was the key to the store safe.

It's a good thing in this instance that the clerk was carrying. Because he showed that young man that trying to steal the money earned by the hard work of others' is not the easy way. He's lucky he didn't get shot.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:56:28 AM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:59:17 AM »
no.. he was probly one of the idiot criminals who thinks that an unloaded gun will not increase his sentence if he is caught..

Gun laws against criminals do work to an extent.   they make it so most criminals avoid using a gun if they can.

This is as it should be..  armed citizens against unarmed crooks.

lazs

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
even if the gun is unloaded, it is still armed robbery.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:08:55 AM »
I think it appropriate to point out that the crooks name was "Dwain".  probly not top of his class.

lazs

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
no.. he was probly one of the idiot criminals who thinks that an unloaded gun will not increase his sentence if he is caught..

Gun laws against criminals do work to an extent.   they make it so most criminals avoid using a gun if they can.

This is as it should be..  armed citizens against unarmed crooks.

lazs

For some reason, this whole thing reminds me of 'Raising Arizona'....

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »
Sounds like a good outcome to me. I agree with the title of the thread entirely.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Good guys 1; Bad guy 0
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 11:32:15 AM »
More fodder for retroactive birth control.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.