Author Topic: Sounds volume  (Read 416 times)

Offline Deth7

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.pigstompers.net
Sounds volume
« on: February 12, 2005, 11:00:15 AM »
This is a problem that's been goin on for me for all versions even ah1. I can turn down some sounds (like airfield warning siren)
and never hear it. But the gun sounds (Plane guns) Are like max volume and the only way I can turn them down is to open up the sounds panel on clipboard prior to firing them and bump the master sounds volume slider either up or down a hair and the volume of the guns firing is then as loud as I have them set.
If I don't and I squeeze the trigger They are LOUD like max.
Its getting to be a pain to have to mess with the sound slider prior to getting a shot off. The guns seem to be the only sound that do this. All the other game sounds stay at the volume I have them set for without having to bump the master sound volume slider. Any suggestions running mitsu's sound pack btw.
EA Still Blows...AOL Still Sux

Offline Pigpen

• Zinc Member
Sounds volume
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 05:51:44 PM »
Deth7,

Same situation for me....wonder if it's our specific sound setups?

Anyway, for anyone else having this problem, Deth7's "quick & dirty" solution works fine...you have to be in the cockpit, adjust the sound volume for your guns, then adjust the master volume slider just a bit. Then the gun sounds are put to your specified settings for that flight.

pigpen

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Sounds volume
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:42:09 PM »
I'd remove the custom sounds, and try it again. Might just be a damaged sound file.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Sounds volume
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »
Go into your Options/Preferences/Game Sounds

You will turn down the "M2 Primary Gun" & "M2 Secondary Gun" by adjusting the slider. Adjust them on the slider and click the 'ok' button. They will save then.

Doesn't matter if it is custom sounds or not.  They will adjust and you have to click ok button.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Deth7

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.pigstompers.net
Re: Sounds volume
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 11:42:44 AM »
Go into your Options/Preferences/Game Sounds

You will turn down the "M2 Primary Gun" & "M2 Secondary Gun" by adjusting the slider. Adjust them on the slider and click the 'ok' button. They will save then.

Doesn't matter if it is custom sounds or not.  They will adjust and you have to click ok button.
did the above a long time ago  doesn't do a thing
EA Still Blows...AOL Still Sux

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
Re: Sounds volume
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 07:07:05 PM »
Deth7,

I have the same problem - if you dont want to adjust everytime then do the following once for all:

open the gun/canon sounds in Windows Soundrecorder -> resample to a lower sound volume -> overwrite existing wav-files.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.