Author Topic: recon  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
recon
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 09:05:50 AM »
SD67, you had better pray that DiabloTX doesn't find this thread. (Search)
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
recon
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 10:57:09 AM »
Originally posted by SD67
If we're going to have more ship options, why not include a main battleship? Yeah the cruiser is cool, but having the mighty Mo leading the way would really give the TG some teeth.

I agree.  Would be fun to have this added.  Recall the CV groups on some big maps?  Couple of cruisers?  With small maps, boats are easy to find: draw a line from a port to a bad buy base.

Yup, a CV, battle ship, cruisers, destroyers . . . what's not to like?

And the bottom line, boats do not like bombs.

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
recon
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »
i like the idea. except for the CV part. right now when they are found, their location is blabbed all over country channel.

Offline derkojote23

• Zinc Member
recon
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »
Originally posted by moneyguy
i like the idea. except for the CV part. right now when they are found, their location is blabbed all over country channel.

Ok as I was saying,, don’t have the Icon just pop up right away make it so the person shooting the pic has to get a successful landing before the icon will appear and perhaps give the recon pilot say,, 4 perkys for doing it, and that way the other side gets a chance to intercept them and they get something for evading them. As for the person calling out, that’s a given. Adding more guns and AA is a good Idea to. Sorry but its just to easy to sink them now, but not all due to the lack of AA also due to ppl taking control of them than not paying attention to them and allowing them to be sunk, or doing it to get points for friends on other teams (as if we don’t know you are doing it LOL) Not enough ppl run CAP or are flying off it all the time so it needs to have some thing, just not entirely sure what. :confused:

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
recon
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »
Enemy CV icons visible where they were spotted is not a problem if the TG flak is more accurate and powerful.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Mus51

• Nickel Member
recon
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »
I like this idea! EDIT: I do agree however with Denholm that the cv icon is not a good idea because it makes the life of a cv much shorter then it was.
Regards,

DutchGuy

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
recon
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 07:29:56 PM »
Were real ballistics and punchier flak implemented, via more guns/ships and/or increased lethality and/or (after a zeroing-in delay) increased accuracy, CV would survive all but truly focused efforts to sink the ships.

Discouraging exploits of such a jabo/bomber proof task group to furball indefinitely next door to a base could work by a combination of increased lethality/hardness/number of shore batteries.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 07:32:41 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
recon
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 03:23:55 PM »
minke, BRILLIANT idea!!!   :aok :aok :aok :D :D :D

I think this would add a whole new dimension to the game for those of us who sometimes like to take things slowly, and also make it worthwhile for planes such as the PBY Catalina (hint hint....).

Your idea of having " ****** has completed a recon mission successfully" is also great, and would almost certainly encourage people to do these missions.

Instead of removing any of the current field information available from the clipboard, I think that it would be best if an actual screenshot were posted of that field, showing people which Hangars etc. were still up, and making field-taking far more strategic.

I'm not too favourable towards the CV icon, as that would just make them too vulnerable. [EDIT: Please see below]

Otherwise, great work, and whatever happens, I'm all for it!!!

Yossarian

EDIT:

I think that the CV icon is actually viable IF, and ONLY if the CVs are given far upgraded automatic anti-aircraft abilities.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 03:28:27 PM by Yossarian »
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/¯________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯