Author Topic: VOX stutter  (Read 242 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
VOX stutter
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:56:41 AM »
My fiance and I both play AH, two seperate computers, two seperate accounts. After she logs and I log in her VOX will start to stutter,while mine will remain fine. If I log out hers goes back to normal.  Sometimes after i relog hers will stutter, sometimes it won't.  Any ideas?  (BTW yes we are both bish and not spies)
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
VOX stutter
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »
5pointOh...do you both use the same ISP account....same phone line, same cable line?  Are the computers networked somehow ?

Just a few of the things that might (might) influence this issue.  But I am not an expert on it by any stretch.  Perhaps Skuzzy will step in here and take a look soon.

RASCAL

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
VOX stutter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 05:12:53 PM »
This is not a bug in the game.  It is a limitation of the router you are using.  Most consumer grade router do not fully support UDP over NAT, which VOX requires in order to work.

One computer on a LAN behind a router without that support is not an issue.  It is only an issue when you have more than one computer on the LAN behind such a router.

To my knowledge, Motorola is the only company thay makes consumer grade routers which have support for UDP over NAT.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com