Author Topic: ENY/Arena Caps  (Read 397 times)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
ENY/Arena Caps
« on: February 18, 2008, 10:24:50 AM »
I was looking for threads about ENY/ARENA CAPS to see what the process was that morphed into our present system.

I have been an AH subscriber on 4 different occasions (with 4 different GameIDs) dating back to 2000, and have been an advocate for a country based cap as an alternative to the present ENY system... I came across the following from Hitech that was posted on December 21, 2006:

<<Monday we will be implementing a new balancing system. It works with the existing ENY number. It will no longer limit what planes you can fly. But rather when it reaches a preset value, people entering the arena will not be able to fly in that arena for their current country.

You will get a message similar to you are 3rd in a queue of 3 .

Your choices will be
1. go to another arena.
2. change countries.
3. wait until more people come onto the other side, or some one from your country leaves.

People waiting will always be able to change countries regardless of their last country change time.
People waiting in queue will not be counted in the ENY values.
This new balancing system will be implemented in all main arenas.

The test capture lines will be taken down until we can layout and code some different options.

1. The current zone / strat setup does not lend it self very well to the current setup,We will be change the supply system to work on all your countries fields, hence hitting the strat targets will have a larger effect.

2. The war win criteria will be changed from having to capture almost all of 1 country , to having to capture around 30 - 40% of both countries fields.

3. Will also make some core fields uncapturable in each country.

HiTech

I was wondering if some of the Vets (Without my "Break in Service")  could tell me how this worked out... The "Win War", "Uncapturable Fields" and "Strat Target" aspects of this are obviously still in place, but why was the the Country based cap discontinued? What were the shortcomings? I would like to know so that I can quit lobbying for something that has been tried before and failed.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:05:06 PM by MajIssue »
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
ENY/Arena Caps
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:00:12 AM »
It didn't work out well. The "outcry" about waiting to fly killed the queue idea, and the "trail" set-up for base capture didn't leave enough options so it tended to create hordes.

Of course the hordes went out of the way to avoid each other, and the queue idea spawned  I made  :D

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
ENY/Arena Caps
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
Figitive I love the cartoons but my favorite has got to be the vulch.

LMAO with tears
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
ENY/Arena Caps
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »
I laughed my prettythang off at that vulch cartoon.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY/Arena Caps
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 11:59:58 AM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
I would like to know so that I can quit lobbying for something that has been tried before and failed.

Thanks

My guess is, no matter what you intend to lobby for, it's been put forth and HTC will keep the arena caps as they are.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
ENY/Arena Caps
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:08:45 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
It didn't work out well. The "outcry" about waiting to fly killed the queue idea, and the "trail" set-up for base capture didn't leave enough options so it tended to create hordes.

Of course the hordes went out of the way to avoid each other, and the queue idea spawned  I made  :D

Thanks for the info guys...

GREAT cartoon BTW!

I will immediately cease and desist suggesting the country cue "solution".
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
ENY/Arena Caps
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
Originally posted by dkff49
Figitive I love the cartoons but my favorite has got to be the vulch.

LMAO with tears

Thanks Guys :D

Other than making ones that single out certain individuals nothing else has really inspired me to do more of them. I need a good writer :D