Author Topic: printer spool  (Read 292 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
printer spool
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:05:53 AM »
ever since I went in my system and followed some of the hints here to get better quality gameplay, my printer won't print.  It says something about printerspool but when I try to turn the spool thingy back on, it wont stay.
help!!!!!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Re: printer spool
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:48:06 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
ever since I went in my system and followed some of the hints here to get better quality gameplay, my printer won't print.  It says something about printerspool but when I try to turn the spool thingy back on, it wont stay.
help!!!!!

SkyRock, ya need to go to run type services.msc and scroll down to print spooler and double click it.  You will probably see that it is disabled.  You need to either set it to manual or automatic and then click apply and start service.  Your printer should work then.  Hope this helps ya out.

All the Best...
     Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: printer spool
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
SkyRock, ya need to go to run type services.msc and scroll down to print spooler and double click it.  You will probably see that it is disabled.  You need to either set it to manual or automatic and then click apply and start service.  Your printer should work then.  Hope this helps ya out.

All the Best...
     Jay
  awDoc1
I have tried to start it from there, but I'm not sure about setting it to manual or automatice first.  I'll try when I get home.  Thank you very mcuh for your time!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
printer spool
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »
Well if your not sure, select automatic and then select APPLY.  If it doesn't work then reboot and it should work.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
printer spool
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:50:31 PM »
Thanks DOc, I had to enable the dependencies, they were disabled....DOH!!  hee hee  :D

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
printer spool
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 07:42:44 PM »
Printer<-----------owns SkyRock?:)

:D :D

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
Auto Spooler
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
Yea Sky...I put mine on Auto, then shut it down with task manager (or Process Explorer) when playing AH.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK