Author Topic: Gun sounds too loud  (Read 768 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 09:29:50 AM »
Originally posted by Sketch
Yeah I was looking for one of the Admin guys to jump in there and didn't see it...

What about a fresh re-install...?  I know it sucks doing but was just wondering if it has been tried.
yup I tried even that.. I even uninstalled, re-booted, did a disk cleanup, defragged, rebooted, then re-installed, erased every setting, head position, all of it on purpose.

it does this for me even with the AH default sounds, or any of the 20+ sound packs I have from the years past.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Pigpen

• Zinc Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
Originally posted by Sketch
Yeah I checked that already to see if there was anything out here.... been around the game a while and know about 'search'.  The only ones I see are yours and JB73's as the main ones pertaining to this.  Did you try doing what SlapShot suggested in this thread: Sound Level Issues
Just trying to help is all....

Sketch,

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you weren't an "old hand" at this, just meant that there were a bunch of people chiming in with "me too" in that thread.

Yup, I did try SlapShot's suggestion; didn't help.

Only thread that I did find (which I can't find now) which helped, suggested
getting into the cockpit, going to the sound page, making sure the guns were set at a low volume, then adjusting the "master volume" just a bit. For that sortie, it works; but then you have to do this for every sortie, and it only works if you do it while in the cockpit. If you try to do it while in the hanger, it won't work.

pigpen

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 01:11:53 PM »
Originally posted by Pigpen
Sketch,

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you weren't an "old hand" at this, just meant that there were a bunch of people chiming in with "me too" in that thread.

Yup, I did try SlapShot's suggestion; didn't help.

Only thread that I did find (which I can't find now) which helped, suggested
getting into the cockpit, going to the sound page, making sure the guns were set at a low volume, then adjusting the "master volume" just a bit. For that sortie, it works; but then you have to do this for every sortie, and it only works if you do it while in the cockpit. If you try to do it while in the hanger, it won't work.

pigpen
that is my only fix... take off, then adjust master a smidge it will then play the guns at the level you have them set to.

I posted that in one of the 2 threads on the topic I started.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Deth7

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.pigstompers.net
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 07:42:15 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
that is my only fix... take off, then adjust master a smidge it will then play the guns at the level you have them set to.

I posted that in one of the 2 threads on the topic I started.

Same here been this way for years....
EA Still Blows...AOL Still Sux

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »
Originally posted by Pigpen
Sketch,

No worries bro, didn't bother me at all!  I am pretty laid back and was just trying to help figure it with you.  I always find it weird how the way the game acts on one computer and works fine on another one.  But like I said before, this sound bug you and JB have is a first for me.  If you adjust the volume and click "OK" it should work and be simple as that.... but this bug needs some Terminix!!:D
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
What I've noticed is that for every different plane, you have to lower the sound levels. If you switch from the P-51B and lower the sound level, it will stay. But, when you go into the P-51D, it will still be louder.

So, if I'm not making any sense, the volume level of the gun changes for every individual aircraft. *I think.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:50:15 PM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »
Originally posted by EskimoJoe
What I've noticed is that for every different plane, you have to lower the sound levels. If you switch from the P-51B and lower the sound level, it will stay. But, when you go into the P-51D, it will still be louder.

So, if I'm not making any sense, the volume level of the gun changes for every individual aircraft. *I think.

If you jump from a plane with 50cal to a plane with 20mm yes they will be louder.  But overall the sounds are all balanced in-game.  

But if your talking about the bug that's going on it could be from plane to plane then... so that might narrow it down some.:aok
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~