Author Topic: Something new on the AH events site  (Read 714 times)

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
Something new on the AH events site
« on: March 22, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »
Some of you may have noticed, that at this time you can not make adjustments to your squad registration. (ie, numbers, side request, plane choice, etc)

This is a new tool that forHim provided for me last week, it's an on / off switch. ;)

Adjustments to your squad registration, and new squads being able to sign up, will now only be allowed during the time periods that I specify on this BB.

The next opening of registration (for the next event) will begin, 3-27-08 Thursday, and will close 4-3-08 Thursday (10 PM ET).

During this week you will be able to register a new squad, and make adjustments to your squad registration.

NO ADJUSTMENTS will be allowed after closing.

So what about plane choice after side assignments have been done?

I would recommend that you put down your squads plane choices for both Allied and Axis during the open registration. That way your preferred plane choice is listed no matter what side you get.

:aok
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
Re: Something new on the AH events site
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:13:08 PM »

Slight adjustment to SLED's post.  New squads can start the registration process and have their squad added to the AHEVENTS.org site, but the FSO Admins will not be adding you to the event until the end of the closed period SLED refers to above.  In other words you can register, but make no adjustments to your registration until the open period.  In addition until a FSO tour is complete (all 3 frames are done) your newly registered squad will not be added to the event.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:16:23 PM »
OK, new toy, still figuring it out.

thanks FH

:aok

check your PM's
USMC/71sqn

Offline CptA

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »
Sled,

Just wondering...why YOU felt you had to have this setting at this time.

I don't recall seeing any discussion of problems on the boards, but I may have missed something.

The previous policy, in force as long as I have participated in FSOs with the Nightmares (more than 6 years) has always sufficed.

What has changed in the FSO community and environment to require such a change?

CptA

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:41:58 AM »
We have a lot of discussions about things on the CM BB that you guys never see.

Three reasons,

New squads were signing up in the middle of an FSO event. They would get a confirmation of their registration and think they were able to fly in the remaining frames of the event, which would cause problems.

Squads that were already signed up in FSO, would sometimes go to the AH events site thinking they could change their numbers (commitment level) DURING an event. The AH site would send them a confirmation of their numbers change, and they would think that it was approved for the remainder of the event. (which it was not)

As most know you can not change your commitment level during an event, but with the old system it appeared that you could as you would get a confirmation of the change anyway.

Last, squads were making changes to their registration, AFTER we had done side assignments, which meant we had to readjust.

This new system will allow better organization and control, and make our job easier.

Our FSO numbers are over twice what they were just two years ago, there may be more changes like this coming to help with organisation.

Hope that answers your question.

:)

USMC/71sqn

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 11:10:50 PM »
With no way to change ride requests between frames, the individual frame CiC's will have to "track" assignments, well at least frame 2 and frame 3 CiC's, in order to attempt "spreading the love" so to speak, or is that not a concern, and we should expect "like" assignments for all three frames, and also as CiC's, move forward under this operating procedure. (?)

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »
When I have done CiC, the number one thing I look at is the orders from the previous frame. This is the best tool to make sure squads do not get stuck in the same ride.

In the future if squad CO's put down their top 2 or 3 choices for each side when they do their registration, that should be good enough. At some point we will set it up so you guys can adjust your plane preference at any time.
USMC/71sqn

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 04:51:22 AM »
With no way to change ride requests between frames, the individual frame CiC's will have to "track" assignments, well at least frame 2 and frame 3 CiC's, in order to attempt "spreading the love" so to speak, or is that not a concern, and we should expect "like" assignments for all three frames, and also as CiC's, move forward under this operating procedure. (?)

Ride requests sent by the CiC of the week used to be the norm, now it's a rare occurence. Since the CiC's are know before the Tour even starts, there is no reason ride requests can not be sent by the CiC Sunday before the general orders of the week are received.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 07:29:04 AM »
When Corsairs are involved, the only such thing as being "stuck" for my squad is being assigned something else.  :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 09:22:39 AM »
Ride requests sent by the CiC of the week used to be the norm, now it's a rare occurence. Since the CiC's are know before the Tour even starts, there is no reason ride requests can not be sent by the CiC Sunday before the general orders of the week are received.

Or, if the squads put their ride requests on the AHEvents website, the CIC doesn't have to bother to ask.  Its inefficient to have to do both. 
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »
Except when the CiC doesn't look at the requests....  :noid

At least partially true story about Frame 3 of North Sea
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 11:14:50 AM »

I'm working slowly on redoing the tools the FSO squads and CM admins have available.  The lock request was a quick, dirty implementation to prevent the numbers changing during the tour.  When I get the other tools ready, my plan is that the squads will be able to update side preference during the event and make adjustments to the CO/XO/3rd fields, but not their commitment level during an active tour.

I'm just busy and this has not been a priority.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 07:04:22 PM »
Except when the CiC doesn't look at the requests....  :noid

At least partially true story about Frame 3 of North Sea

Well, when I'm CIC, I don't ask because I check the AHEvents site.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech