Author Topic: Salute Geophro  (Read 796 times)

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
Salute Geophro
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 05:19:30 PM »
lol Helbent.  Now STOP shooting me!

The extension was away from the imaginary Osti.  Had the tracers I imagined been tailing off behind me like field ack normally does, I would have ignored it other than gradually working away from the field.  The fact that what I thought I kept seeing was no more than a couple of plane lengths in front of me scared me into running.  My logic was that anyone good enough to miss in front by <50' from 2K+ was the biggest threat.

I don't know what the engine cutting out is, it may just be a playback sound issue.  I did not hear it.  That is something that I forgot that I did well as during the entire fight the carb never bit me and killed the engine.  All those Spit I v Emil fights in AvA must have paid off some after all.
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline boingg

• Nickel Member
Re: Salute Geophro
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 10:41:51 PM »
I would also like to commend Geophro  for several excellent fights in the mid war arena . The most noticeable of which occured after several fun a6m vs p-40 fights in the midst of this 1 on 1 fight  a p-38 turned up and Geophro couldn't call off his coutryman so after I had landed a few hits on him  to keep me from being picked he augered. After which I killed the offending 38 :rock.
<S> to you sir for the stand up manner in which you conduct yourself.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline Geophro

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 08:02:22 AM »
<S> Boingg, I already owed you several kills from the honorable way you had conducted yourself in our previous encounters.

You not only stayed out of my knife fight with the Spit V after I had already had the flaps jammed out from my previous fight with an F6F, but made it obvious that you were not going to engage.

I had snuck off for a cig while my P-40 was chugging out on autoclimb, and when I returned I saw that you were already past me and extending away co-alt until I made a move.

In another engagement it ended up that I was stuck at 2 or 3 notches out on the deck, so it was a pure test of who could go the slowest for the longest when you shot off my tail but augured before I flopped into the water.  The game said I won but I know better.

The time I augured, I was bled and you were saddled up when I saw the "help" commit to the pick, so you had already earned the kill.  The only question was how long I could delay the inevitable.  I might have been able to call him off if my headset had not been in the floor.

Thanks for the great fights.   :salute !  Look me up any time you need a victim.
Jephro
Dying as Geophro Tour 91-Tour 104
Getting kills is easy.  Earning kills is better.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 08:30:02 AM »
I have to add a salute here also.   :salute

This has to be one of the nicest threads I have read in awhile. Kinda makes me want to  :cry
325th Checkertails

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »
I have to add a salute here also.   :salute

This has to be one of the nicest threads I have read in awhile. Kinda makes me want to  :cry

hey kuhn....wassssup dude? i actuall;y had time to get on the night before last....only saw dan, and wildtx though......and that who dude........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »
Haven't had much time lately Cap. FSO tonight though. I'll be there.   :rock
325th Checkertails