Author Topic: GV Graphics  (Read 439 times)

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
GV Graphics
« on: March 19, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
I read thru the readme.file and I saw no mention of the graphics slider being removed to stop people from seeing thru trees or some hills.

Is this coming later?
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
Re: GV Graphics
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »
AFAIK that was never part of the solution.

The bug is on the Distance at which mostly trees and a few other things were dropping out with a low LOD setting. The way the system is suposed to work, is that you can bring the Object distance slider down for FPS, but vehicles past that distance are not displayed.

When we upgraded a lot of the ground objects, a few of the objects had to short of LOD setting on them.

Over all FPS impact should be very small at the same settings.

HiTech

Bolded for emphasis. The idea being, you can drop the slider to its lowest setting, but it will also decrease the range at which ground vehicles can be seen. The problem was previously you could do this, and it only made the ground clutter disappear at that range, and left the GV's visible.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:05:39 PM »
As far as i notice, GVs dont disappear with low Object distance, but trees now dont disappear either.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »
Fixed a level of detail bug that caused certain ground objects to disappear when they shouldn't.

From the "ReadMe" file for the update.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:19:19 PM »
Setting the slider will now remove sheep from view.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:35 PM »
See the no shooting through fence fix. ;)
See Rule #4