Author Topic: New video of a walker unit  (Read 866 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: New video of a walker unit
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »
Check out their site:

http://www.bostondynamics.com

DARPA funded, the RiSE is one creepy thing too.

Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »
Put something quiet like a fuel cell setup on it, load it down with gear, and tell it to follow the guy in front of it.  The return of the pack mule without the easy refueling.  ;)  Put a hundred out in the battlefield, hobbling their way back and forth across the area.  If anyone shoots one, log the location and flag it for attention.  If someone interferes with it or moves near it, have it uplink video as long as it can.  In the meantime, use it to carry supplies where needed, with proper randomization routines that make it infeasible for the enemy to follow without being seen by another M.U.L.E.

Remember the idea I suggested a few weeks ago about flooding a country w/ observer bots?  This could be a good start, it'll eventually turn into a real mountain-goat.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 06:42:47 PM »
I think we all know how this will end up.

Better start digging the bunker.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 11:53:55 PM »
The end is near! Repent! :devil  Freaky sucker, ain't it?  I wonder if it has a cup holder.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 01:04:44 AM »
I for one, will welcome our soulless robot overlords.   With a nice shaped charge to its computer brains. :salute   Now I need to find out how to turn ordinary household supplies into explosives, for the robot uprising, resistance. God I love the internet. :lol  http://www.robotuprising.com/

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 03:09:25 AM »
Put something quiet like a fuel cell setup on it, load it down with gear, and tell it to follow the guy in front of it.  The return of the pack mule without the easy refueling.  ;)  Put a hundred out in the battlefield, hobbling their way back and forth across the area.  If anyone shoots one, log the location and flag it for attention.  If someone interferes with it or moves near it, have it uplink video as long as it can.  In the meantime, use it to carry supplies where needed, with proper randomization routines that make it infeasible for the enemy to follow without being seen by another M.U.L.E.

Remember the idea I suggested a few weeks ago about flooding a country w/ observer bots?  This could be a good start, it'll eventually turn into a real mountain-goat.

That's essentially what it's already set up to do-It was carrying 4 packs' on it's main body.

Of course, it could be modified to carry all sorts' of things, up to it's weight limit. Or configured to use weapons...Imagine this becoming the first "man through the door" in L.E. applications? Maybe you have someone who you have to serve a no-knock on...send in the robot wielding a 12-gauge shotgun...Oh, and paint "BATF" on it, in big white letters.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:04:18 AM by FrodeMk3 »