Author Topic: LA-5 cockpit bugs  (Read 472 times)

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
LA-5 cockpit bugs
« on: March 24, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »
Love the updated LA cockpits, I have been flying the LA-5 a lot more than usual. However there are two glaring bugs in the new cockpits that I just haven't seen anyone talking about on the forums.

1) Compass is bass ackwards. Your true heading is translated onto the cockpit compass as 180 degrees incorrect.

2) Speedometer is wack. Speed (IAS and TAS alike) in the 300 mph range is displayed in the 200 mph range on the indicator.

There is a third bug, which I have heard others discuss, which is the lack of fuel tank selection indicator under the fuel gauge.

But for the first two,...everyone else sees these bugs, correct? Very surprised there isnt more talk about them, especially as a secondary patch was released immediately to fix other things but left these unchanged. Did a forum search and found nothing.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: LA-5 cockpit bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
The LA7 has the same problems.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »
This has already been reported, in the bug forum. Which is where bug's (like this) are posted.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
This has already been reported, in the bug forum. Which is where bug's (like this) are posted.

forum police are out to get me  :noid

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:58:09 PM »
Maybe he's just asking about the newest patch...  I kind of assumed that patch might have taken care of the issue, but I hadn't flown an La5/7 since the patch came out.

My thought's say if they weren't fixed quickly, these bugs are maybe modeling/rendering artifacts, which may take more time to diagnose and fix.  Just a guess...

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »
It's the way the Russians made their planes, doh!  :lol

*Note
Not intended as a serious comment.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »
It's the way the Russians made their planes, doh!  :lol

*Note
Not intended as a serious comment.
dont worry Joe, considering the source, you dont have to worry about anyone taking it serious... :cool: