Author Topic: Gallup Poll: Many democrats ready to vote for McCain  (Read 539 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Gallup Poll: Many democrats ready to vote for McCain
« on: March 26, 2008, 01:22:16 PM »
Wow. What a shock. In my opinion a vote for McCain IS a vote for a democratic presidential candidate, but I digress.

Gallup Poll: Many Democrats Ready to Vote McCain if Their First Choice Doesn’t Make It to November

Many Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama supporters are ready to spurn the Democratic party and vote for John McCain in November if their candidate doesn’t win the presidential nomination, according to a new poll out Wednesday.

And a second poll out Wednesday shows most voters — including 85 percent of Democrats — believe there’s a chance that the battle between Clinton and Obama will not be resolved before the August convention.

Among people who identified themselves as Hillary Clinton supporters, 28 percent said they would vote for McCain if Obama is his opponent, the March 7-22 Gallup Poll Daily election tracking survey found.

The same poll found that 19 percent of Obama supporters would switch sides and cast ballots for McCain if Clinton is the Democratic candidate.

The survey interviewed 6,657 Democratic voters nationwide and had a margin of error of 2 percent.

Source

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gallup Poll: Many democrats ready to vote for McCain
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:27:11 PM »
The democrats gave this one away. Many will feel disenfranchised if Hillary steals the nomination on super delegates and simply stay home when it's time to vote. Others now see Obama as being less shiny because of his membership in a controversial church for so long.

I think John McCain can sit on his hands and still win the election.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »
Wow. What a shock. In my opinion a vote for McCain IS a vote for a democratic presidential candidate, but I digress.

Gallup Poll: Many Democrats Ready to Vote McCain if Their First Choice Doesn’t Make It to November

Many Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama supporters are ready to spurn the Democratic party and vote for John McCain in November if their candidate doesn’t win the presidential nomination, according to a new poll out Wednesday.

And a second poll out Wednesday shows most voters — including 85 percent of Democrats — believe there’s a chance that the battle between Clinton and Obama will not be resolved before the August convention.

Among people who identified themselves as Hillary Clinton supporters, 28 percent said they would vote for McCain if Obama is his opponent, the March 7-22 Gallup Poll Daily election tracking survey found.

The same poll found that 19 percent of Obama supporters would switch sides and cast ballots for McCain if Clinton is the Democratic candidate.

The survey interviewed 6,657 Democratic voters nationwide and had a margin of error of 2 percent.

Source

I concur, it's a vote for a Democrat.

I sent an e-mail to my congressman stating that it only took 12 years in power for the Republicans to become Democrats.

Consevatives don't have a horse in this race.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
The democrats gave this one away. Many will feel disenfranchised if Hillary steals the nomination on super delegates and simply stay home when it's time to vote. Others now see Obama as being less shiny because of his membership in a controversial church for so long.

Dewey thought the same thing.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »
 I'm a democrat and in 2000 McCain was my choice. He's a real hero but since 2000 he's lost me on Iraq and his border stand. Among other things. I do like what he said about home loans. No bailouts for speculators or stupid loans. But the banking lobby wrote the rules a long time ago. The banks can loan any amount to anyone at any interest.  Remember this. Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and the White house since 2000 and accomplished nothing. (congress since 94)

I think we are in a situation similar to 2004 in one respect. Not much choice. Old guard in Hillary and McCain and a rookie in Obama. My choice was John Edwards.

The race is still the democrats to give away. But I don't think McCain has a chance. Very little help from the Republican conservative wing.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:56:46 PM by alskahawk »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 02:26:48 PM »

Source

Well with all these Democrats voting Mac and all these Republicans voting Barack .... seems to be an interesting season. Heh.  :D

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 02:52:16 PM »
These three are more alike than different. All three are Democrats.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SIG220

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 03:11:36 PM »

I am sitting out this election and not voting.

There is not a decent candidate that is still running.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »

Vote for Walter. I am!

(Google "Jeff Dunham-Walter for President" and watch the video. You'll like Walter's stance on flat tax.)

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 06:09:20 PM »

Wheres Pat Paulson when you need him? We need Pat Paulson to run again! (if you remember Pat your too damn old!)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 06:22:48 PM »
I plan on voting for McCain. Like alaskahawk said, he has lost quite a bit of cred since 2000, but he is the only one with any real experience.
I also have great respect for his war record. Unlike most republicans, he actually served and did so with great honor.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
Polls done right now are pretty meaningless.
The polls will probably change a half dozen times between now and November.
In the end its going to come down to the climate at the time. (The economy,Iraq etc)

Rest assured though. When it comes down to it. regardless of what they say now.
Party supporters being the mindless twits they are.
Most democrat supporters will still vote democrat. Just as most republican supporters will still vote for McCain even if they dont like him.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »
Between seeing Hillary claiming to have experience...and caught in fib over fib...versus Obama the closet racist....hard to say.

Im just in awe at the press being oh-so-hesitant to criticize Obama for months.  (Im also tired of Obama's campaign taking any criticism as a racial slam.  The race card has been played, over and over...)

McCain isnt the perfect candidate to me.  But standing amongst that sorry lot, he looks angelic.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 07:34:46 PM »

truth!

<--- ps i'm a dem