Author Topic: Perks and scores reset each tour  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Re: Perks and scores reset each tour
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 06:55:29 AM »
Do you ready to see arenas full of perked planes at the end of month? And do you really want it?  :huh

Its very bad idea and it will lead to quite opposite results than somebodys can expect. I.e. more perked planes, not less.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 06:58:59 AM »
Do you ready to see arenas full of perked planes at the end of month? And do you really want it?  :huh

Its very bad idea and it will lead to quite opposite results than somebodys can expect. I.e. more perked planes, not less.

Yep...

Alslo, where are you guys running into so many perk planes that you're annoyed enough to seriously want them reset each month?  Because I would like to shoot them down :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 07:37:02 AM »
big NO.

Why should players who have accumulated thousands of perks by keeping up a Subscription for many years be punished by guys who don't want to put in some hours to earn them.   The guys who chop and change nicks every couple of tours.

Its not as if its hard to get perks either.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 09:59:22 AM »
I could see resetting to a max of 400 perks per category at the end of each tour.  That way the 10 flights per tour guy isn't affected.  But the downside is that at the end of each tour, you'll see a hell of a lot of perked aircraft.  That could be fun too, except if you already blew your perk load.

Honestly though I think "forcing" people to use their perks or lose them would result in more perked aircraft being flown than we have now.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 01:50:35 PM »
All I see is a request from someone to get perks that isn't willing to put forth the effort to gain them.  Pathetic.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »
All I see is a request from someone to get perks that isn't willing to put forth the effort to gain them.  Pathetic.

ack-ack

Ouch.  No need to be so rough.  Lighten up , Fancis.

I like the cap idea.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:39:14 PM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 02:47:38 PM »
I've been saving perks for 7 years just so I can fly a Tempest whenever I choose to do so. I would be seriously miffed if my ten of thousands of perks got flushed down the toilet just so those who blow 'em as soon as they get 'em can feel "equal"...Rather than less perk planes, it would actually mean more, lots of people like myself currently save them, but we would not continue to do so if they evaporated at the end of each tour. Those who can make perks quickly and easily would be in nothing but perk planes so they didn't go to waste.

Do you really want almost every good stick in the game flying nothing but perk planes the last half of every tour? Be careful what you wish for, you might actually get it... ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:51:46 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Relorian

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wtf.com
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 03:50:37 PM »
If the idea of Perks is to keep "Elite" planes out of the air, then why would you be allowed to accumulate enough points to "Fly a Typhoon" when ever you want?  Doesnt that defeat the role of the perk?

Im not for resetting them back to 0 each month, but there needs to be some kind of cap placed so that players who have been here for years still have to worry about their perks being used up/earning more and having it mean something. 

And before any of you say it, Im not a noob and have been around for a bit of time (enough time to earn enough perks in the areas i care to play to have the ability to fly what i want when i want... thus helping defeat the perk system)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 04:17:14 PM »
If the idea of Perks is to keep "Elite" planes out of the air, then why would you be allowed to accumulate enough points to "Fly a Typhoon" when ever you want?  Doesnt that defeat the role of the perk?

The perk system isn't to keep them from being flown, it's to keep them in moderation to preserve some semblance of gameplay balance. By creating a "perk economy" the game balance is kept. For me to accumulate enough perks to fly my Tempest whenever I please I had to go 7 years without flying perked aircraft at all for the most part. Because I chose to save them up meant for the past 7 years there was one less perk plane lurking about than there would have been otherwise. If those who "bank" them began spending them frivolously they would be depleted in a timeframe proportional to the time it took to accumulate them in the first place. Even though I have relatively infinite perks now I still only fly a Tempest occasionally. You make me reset my perks each tour and I'll be flying my Tempest every single sortie the last 2 weeks of every tour, I promise you.  :aok
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »
Denholm, Anax, et. al.,

Come not between the dragon and his horde....

Besides, I'm still waiting for the day I can auction the things on Ebay.  :devil

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
Just last tour there was a players staging kills on their 2nd (family members account) in Mid War so they could fly the 262 almost exclusively in Late War.  I don't think the game needs that kind of behavior, but you'll see more of it if everyone was made to be "perk poor".

Secondly it's just stupid from a business perspective to piss off your loyal customers by taking away a benifit of being a long time loyal customer.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »
Just last tour there was a players staging kills on their 2nd (family members account) in Mid War so they could fly the 262 almost exclusively in Late War.  I don't think the game needs that kind of behavior, but you'll see more of it if everyone was made to be "perk poor".

Secondly it's just stupid from a business perspective to piss off your loyal customers by taking away a benifit of being a long time loyal customer.
Agreed.. 

I would like to suggest another idea.   Bomber perks are useless really with only one perk bomber.  I think bomb and bail dweebs need an incentive.  How about we add a perk bonus to your fighter score IF you land your bombers, as well as your normal bomber perks?  The perks will be assigned just as they are now, but be put towards your fighter score.

As far as comments on perks being easy to get Bruv, many wouldn't agree.  I know you spend lot of time in a Spit V, and are a good stick with many years playing.  Newer players who aren't as skilled find it much harder as they like to fly ENY 5 planes to make up for their lack of skills.

I currently have about 130 perks, and normally fly higher eny planes so I am more challenged.  Once in a while I will take a Spit 16, or an LA up, but I am normally found in a -1 or A1 hog.  When I need perks, I will opt for a 190-A8.  My problem is I usually fight till someone sends me to the tower, and often lose a C-hog or -4 hog.  That's what kills my perks..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org