Author Topic: JG11 vs 353rd  (Read 2231 times)

storch

Re: JG11 vs 353rd
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 07:39:13 AM »
sorry thebug I'm not coming back any time soon.  the way the game is being played in there currently has no appeal to me what so ever.  that does not mean I won't snipe from the fringes here on the BBS if I get the opportunity or if someone poses a question directed at me.

I am hopeful that this phase will pass in the next few months and something else will arise from the ashes of this experiment.

I think eagler's post on this topic in another thread is spot on.  the medals are silly and the appeal seems to be to the younger players.  while there is nothing inherently wrong with this it is not something that I wish to employ my discreationary time at.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 07:48:30 AM »
I still think it's sweet how you came to the aid of the damsel in distress, JG11.  You're such a romantic.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2008, 07:55:07 AM »
my experience with these guys (880, 325th et al) going back to 2003 is that they are taught and firmly believe that "if I ain't fightin' I's a climbin' "  since most of the AvA squads were started by jester and lowe (shifty) and I was in three of those squads I'm very familiar with the method of training and of gameplay.

you guys start out by getting far higher than any fight will ever possibly be so you can repeatedly dive in for the pick.  the newer guys usually end up lower because they blow their E, can't fight very well and are now bait for your illustrious leaders.  in the meantime your fearless leaders are leisurely circling above and getting picks.

the minute any one of them loses the advantage they unhesitatingly run to ack. double that for thebug if he even sniffs an equal fight he's all elbows and tailpipe.  I personally have never ever ever seen thebug fight in five years of playing this game.  this type of play only produces someone who can shoot well but not much else.  the reason you guys are awful players because you choose to be, the method of play you employ appeals to the weak and lazy.  you are always in the easiest and or fastest planes, you are always far above the fight, you are always in a horde and you are never far from your ack.  if any one of the first three elements are missing then you run to number four.

the funniest thing is that through the years your leaders have claimed that they are playing for "historical accuracy" and that rationalization always makes me chuckle but to each his own.

I'll bet that you personally could not beat one of our trainees in a 1v1 and you would be hard pressed to win a 2v1 with another one of your newer squad mates against anyone of our feldwebels.

just saying.

What he has described here is exactly the truth.That is how those squads like to roll.I was a witness to this again last night when the FB/68th was in there.While my people were down and dirty fighting in the weeds they all hung out above the fight in spitfires waiting for one of the Axis players to not be looking.

Storch is kinda like Alice Cooper in a way, sometimes he says funny & true things, but his music " SUCKS "!

:aok :D :rock
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »
my experience with these guys (880, 325th et al) going back to 2003 is that they are taught and firmly believe that "if I ain't fightin' I's a climbin' "  since most of the AvA squads were started by jester and lowe (shifty) and I was in three of those squads I'm very familiar with the method of training and of gameplay.

you guys start out by getting far higher than any fight will ever possibly be so you can repeatedly dive in for the pick.  the newer guys usually end up lower because they blow their E, can't fight very well and are now bait for your illustrious leaders.  in the meantime your fearless leaders are leisurely circling above and getting picks.

the minute any one of them loses the advantage they unhesitatingly run to ack. double that for thebug if he even sniffs an equal fight he's all elbows and tailpipe.  I personally have never ever ever seen thebug fight in five years of playing this game.  this type of play only produces someone who can shoot well but not much else.  the reason you guys are awful players because you choose to be, the method of play you employ appeals to the weak and lazy.  you are always in the easiest and or fastest planes, you are always far above the fight, you are always in a horde and you are never far from your ack.  if any one of the first three elements are missing then you run to number four.

the funniest thing is that through the years your leaders have claimed that they are playing for "historical accuracy" and that rationalization always makes me chuckle but to each his own.

I'll bet that you personally could not beat one of our trainees in a 1v1 and you would be hard pressed to win a 2v1 with another one of your newer squad mates against anyone of our feldwebels.

just saying.

While I admire your cartoon plane skills along with those of most of your squadron. Your writing style and accuracy could be better put to use by the Clinton campaign. Your descriptions while accurate for 2003/2005, hold no water now . Execpt of course the one night you flew Allied in the F4U4 flying much higher than any of us accused astronauts. Next you'll be talking about sniper fire while you were delivering soap one afternoon.  Storch when you garner hero worship from the likes of Toddblohung... It's time to cook with a little less BS.  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2008, 08:57:37 AM »
Storch when you garner hero worship from the likes of Toddblohung... It's time to cook with a little less BS.  ;)

you can do better than that, or are you holding the corn hose for tehbug still????

<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 09:08:18 AM »
i was there man, someone took a shot at storch from 300 yards, luckily he ducked and covered!! got the little twirp in the end!!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 09:25:36 AM »
i was there man, someone took a shot at storch from 300 yards, luckily he ducked and covered!! got the little twirp in the end!!

Yes unfortunatly Storches body double didn't fare as well.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 09:29:19 AM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »
wow, this thread went from great to horrible real quick
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2008, 09:54:29 AM »